• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted June 08 2014 - 11:41 PM

Well folks, since there is no blu-ray yet for the 1971 classic Summer of 42, I'm looking to do the digital download dance.  Already have done 3 "HD" streams on Amazon but two of those aren't really all that HD.   But with Amazon, I can stream thru my Internet connected Sony blu-ray player onto the big screen.

Since I also have iTunes, thought of giving that a try for Summer of 42.  Will I get a decent HD stream on this movie?  I can get in on my laptop but not sure if I could get iTunes on the blu-ray player.  Anyone know about getting iTunes on a networked blu-ray player?

Or I could just buy the DVD from Warner Archive but of course the best we could get there is a 480p DVD.

Recommendations??

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 740 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 08:37 AM

Have you tried vudu hdx? Not sure if its available but it would give you a ultraviolet copy of the film. Itunes isn't available on a bluray player. Also are u purchasing or renting cause you may want a digital download instead of a stream of the film.
Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,704 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted June 09 2014 - 10:21 AM

It is available on vudu. For purchase or rent. And vudu's HDX quality is usually darn near close to blu-ray quality.

http://www.vudu.com/...62/Summer-of-42

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,311 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted June 09 2014 - 11:08 AM

iTunes = 1080p
Vudu = 1080p
Amazon Instant = 720p

If you want true HD, you can't get it from Amazon. If your Blu-ray player has a Vudu app, then that's probably your best bet. If not then I'd recommend that you purchase an AppleTV box for $99 and get the movie from iTunes.
  • Kyrsten Brad likes this

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted June 09 2014 - 04:21 PM

iTunes = 1080p
Vudu = 1080p
Amazon Instant = 720p

If you want true HD, you can't get it from Amazon. If your Blu-ray player has a Vudu app, then that's probably your best bet. If not then I'd recommend that you purchase an AppleTV box for $99 and get the movie from iTunes.

Want to thank everyone here for the excellent advice.  Guess it is time to set up a Vudu sub.

Wonder if Vudu has a 1080p version of Way Way Out?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,135 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 05:50 AM

Wonder if Vudu has a 1080p version of Way Way Out?

They do indeed - both the 1950 and 1987 versions (and yes, I know they're not based on the same story and the '87 was actually a loose remake of The Big Clock).

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,704 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:32 AM

Plus, you get to pick 5 free HD movies when you set up an account. Tip: Also, join Target Ticket, link it to your UltraViolet account, and pick 10 more free HD movies. Your UV movies will show up in both places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users