Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time September/October 2014 Releases

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#161 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:07 PM

Press Release 09/01/2014

Twilight Time is pleased to announce one for the “action-adventure” crowd – truly a lost gem - in it’s eagerly awaited Blu-Ray release format!

“THE DOGS OF WAR”

Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release

Only 3,000 units available at

www.screenarchives.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2014

“Precise and unsentimental in its details…It demonstrates the kind of intelligence and thought one doesn’t often find in a movie aimed at the action-adventure crowd…Spectacularly filmed…it’s first-rate.”

—Vincent Canby, The New York Times

“Director John Irvin…mounts suspense nicely.  Walken matches his intense performance in The Deer Hunter…This is a satisfying adventure.”—People Magazine

The Dogs of War, the 1980 adaptation of Frederick Forsyth’s novel about a mercenary-led coup in a small African dictatorship, stars the one and only Christopher Walken as the existentially-minded head of a group of for-profit soldiers.  John Irvin (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) directs, with cinematography by the legendary Jack Cardiff (Stairway to Heaven, Black Narcissus, The Red Shoes).  Sensationally shot on location, with Belize standing in for the fictional African country of Zangaro, the film is a mix of straightforward action and moral/political conundrums worthy of Graham Greene.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#162 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:08 PM

Press Release 09/01/2014

Twilight Time is pleased to announce the eagerly anticipated Blu-Ray release

of another searing Peckinpah classic + the long sought after lost TV BONUS GEM also directed by Sam Peckinpah, “NOON WINE” (1966) in (Standard Definition)!

“THE KILLER ELITE”

www.screenarchives.com

“Sam Peckinpah knows how to make movies…This director thinks he can do anything he wants, and he is nearly right.”

—Richard Eder, The New York Times

“Peckinpah’s most apparently straightforward action film since The Getaway…contemplates the old themes of betrayal, trust, and humiliation…Unmistakable Peckinpah.” Time Out London

Renegade director Sam Peckinpah’s The Killer Elite (1975) offers a gorgeously San Francisco-based excursion into the dark world of contract assassins, the CIA, martial arts, and ever more obscure notions of honor among hit men, with James Caan and Robert Duvall the leading exemplars thereof.  Shot by the terrific Philip Lathrop, co-edited by the exemplary Monte Hellman, and with music by sine qua non composer Jerry Fielding (his last, hugely poignant score with long-time partner Peckinpah is available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track), this is an echt-1970s film, crammed with anger, betrayal, and the occasional soupçon of heart-wrenching poetry.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#163 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:09 PM

Press Release 09/01/2014

Twilight Time is pleased to announce the first time ever Blu-Ray release

of the story of teenage pop legend – Ritchie Valens  - a pioneer of Rock n’ Roll!

“LA BAMBA”

www.screenarchives.com

La Bamba, with its unabashed only-the-good-die-young mythology, is also a glorious, drug-free shot in the arm for romantics.  Valens’ life becomes a rock ‘n’ roll fairytale of saintly ambition—and the ‘saint’ here is debuting actor Lou Diamond Phillips.”

Desson Howe, The Washington Post

“As Valens, Lou Diamond Phillips has a sweetness and sincerity that in no way diminish the toughness of his onstage persona.  Mr. Phillips gives Valens backbone.” —Janet Maslin, The New York Times

La Bamba (1987) tells the brief, ultimately tragic, but uplifting story of Ritchie Valens, born Ricardo Valenzuela in Southern California’s San Fernando Valley.  Valens (engagingly played by Lou Diamond Phillips) would have three hit songs before dying at the shockingly young age of 17 in the infamous plane crash that also killed Buddy Holly and J.P. (The Big Bopper) Richardson; his short life—particularly with family and friends in a vibrant Mexican-American community—and obsessive love of music are the focus here.  Directed with great warmth by Luis Valdez (Zoot Suit); Valens’ music is performed with crackling energy by the sensational Los Lobos.

Ronald J Epstein

#164 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:09 PM

Press Release 09/01/2014

Twilight Time is excited to announce the first time ever Blu-Ray debut,

of Oliver Stone’s seminal and unequaled powerhouse movie…

“SALVADOR”

www.screenarchives.com

Salvador has plenty of speed, grit, and grime.  The battles are forcefully fought in smoky confusion; the depredations of the death squads are carried out with casual brutality.”

Walter Goodman, The New York Times

“The heart of the movie is fascinating.  And the heart consists of Woods and Belushi, two losers set adrift in a world they never made, trying to play games by everybody else’s rules.” —Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“The action sequences are brilliant, and the film does achieve a brutal, often very moving, power.” —Time Out London

Writer-director Oliver Stone’s Salvador (1986) is an excoriating look at the Salvadoran revolution through the eyes of two funky Americans, the sometime journalist Richard Boyle (a superb, Oscar ® -nominated James Woods)—a con artist/loser in love with the country and with his beloved Maria (Elpidia Carrillo)—and his bewildered pal, Doctor Rock (James Belushi), along for a ride he has no hope of understanding.  Stone’s screenplay—co-written with the real-life Boyle—was also nominated for an Academy Award®, thanks to its clear-eyed acknowledgment of American complicity in a war against a genuine peasant revolt. Also starring the wonderful John Savage and Michael Murphy, and featuring a score by the incomparable Georges Delerue, available here on an isolated track.

Ronald J Epstein

#165 of 213 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,131 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:13 PM

September pre-orders are up....just got The Killer Elite!

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#166 of 213 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 890 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Got all 5 titles,as usual (gasp!).

#167 of 213 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,301 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:58 PM

September pre-orders are up....just got The Killer Elite!

Thanks for letting me know. It's not like any of these titles are likely to quickly sell out but once again, I don't understand why Twilight Time can't say the pre-order date along with the release date in their press release. (Yes, I'm friends with them on Facebook and I don't see anything about it there).

#168 of 213 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,838 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 20 2014 - 01:15 PM

I got a FB notification this morning that the titles would up for pre-order this afternoon.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#169 of 213 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 890 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted August 20 2014 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for letting me know. It's not like any of these titles are likely to quickly sell out but once again, I don't understand why Twilight Time can't say the pre-order date along with the release date in their press release. (Yes, I'm friends with them on Facebook and I don't see anything about it there).

I agree with Travis. Their press releases should include the pre-order date. I mean, how much extra work would that entail? And no, I don't use FB, and never will, so I can't be friends with TT there although I've bought every single release. I think this makes me one of their better friends!

#170 of 213 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 02:57 PM

POPULAR

Bujaki -- from now on when we send the press releases to Ron Epstein to post, we'll let him know the pre-order date at the same time. Just so you get a head start on next month, which will be a particularly crazy feeding frenzy, the preorder date is Wednesday, Sept 24th at 4 pm EST.

• Mark Cappelletty, DavidJ, JohnMor and 6 others like this
";s:7:"insider

#171 of 213 OFFLINE   SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ordered my copy of "The Killer Elite" too!

Will look at one or two of the others next month.

Regards,

#172 of 213 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 890 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted August 20 2014 - 03:45 PM

Bujaki -- from now on when we send the press releases to Ron Epstein to post, we'll let him know the pre-order date at the same time. Just so you get a head start on next month, which will be a particularly crazy feeding frenzy, the preorder date is Wednesday, Sept 24th at 4 pm EST.

Thank you, TT! Great customer service!

#173 of 213 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,513 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted August 20 2014 - 05:34 PM

The Killer Elite, Salvador, and The Dogs Of War ordered! La Bamba may follow, not sure yet.

Thanks for the reminder. Got all 5 titles,as usual (gasp!).

Jose, they need to setup a subscription plan for customers like you!!  :D

• bujaki likes this

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#174 of 213 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 890 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:08 PM

The Killer Elite, Salvador, and The Dogs Of War ordered! La Bamba may follow, not sure yet.

Jose, they need to setup a subscription plan for customers like you!!  :D

At least a customer loyalty program with some kind of rewards. I'm never able to get the signed copies because I've already bought them during the first day offering! Anyway, I'm glad to support TT's efforts.

• SAhmed and ahollis like this

#175 of 213 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:31 PM

Oh just compiled my TT List of Favorites coming out during the remainder of 2014.

Eight titles so far:

Bunny Lake Is Missing (1965)

La Bamba (1987)

The Buddy Holly Story (1978)

Audrey Rose (1977)

The Blob 88  (1988)

Follow That Dream (1962)

The Blue Max (1966)

Radio Days  (1987)

Well, there goes a significant amount of my Christmas Fund (paid on Nov 1st).

Sept 24th is going to be a very busy day on TT/SAE.

#176 of 213 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,172 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:33 PM

Post moved to the correct month...d'oh. :huh:

• ahollis likes this

#177 of 213 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted September 05 2014 - 01:42 PM

Was just on Screen Archives' website...they're notifying Twilight Time customers that due to manufacturing delays, September release shipments have been pushed back to the 18th...

#178 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 08:26 PM

Press Release 10/01/2014

Twilight Time is excited to announce the Blu-Ray debut of Roger Spottiswoode’s mesmerizing story of “front line” journalism – Never more timely!

“UNDER FIRE”

www.screenarchives.com

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14TH, 2014

Under Fire feels real…we see Hollywood stars who create characters so convincing we forget they’re stars…Under Fire surrounds these performances with a vivid sense of place and becomes…one of the year’s best films.”

Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“Takes an honourable place alongside classic war-torn romance pictures…and there are ways in which it exceeds them.  A thrilling film, with a head, a heart, and muscle.” —Time Out London

In director Roger Spottiswoode’s superb Under Fire (1983), three journalists (Nick Nolte, Gene Hackman, Joanna Cassidy) find themselves caught up in the 1979 Nicaraguan Revolution—and in a very adult romantic triangle reminiscent of Casablanca (1942), intelligently crafted by screenwriters Clayton Frohman and Ron Shelton (Bull Durham).  Shot by the great Stanley Kubrick collaborator, cinematographer John Alcott, and highlighted by one of non-pareil composer Jerry Goldsmith’s greatest scores, the film also features thrilling supporting performances from Ed Harris (as an amoral mercenary) and Jean-Louis Trintignant (as a charming if deadly spy).

Ronald J Epstein

#179 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 08:27 PM

Press Release 10/01/2014

Twilight Time announces another timely Halloween treat…The Blu-Ray debut of George Sluizer’s dark thriller that will give you the “creeps” – literally!

“THE VANISHING”

www.screenarchives.com

“A dark and thought-provoking film…surprisingly demented and creepy.” Horrornews.net

“Bridges is thrilling playing…a slouching, plodding nebbish…the most peculiar, most lethal sort of madman…Jack the Ripper in Hush Puppies.” —Hal Hinson, The Washington Post

Director George Sluizer’s The Vanishing (1993)—the American remake of his own widely hailed Dutch film, Spoorloos (1988)—is an intensely creepy thriller about the mysterious disappearance of a young woman (Sandra Bullock) from an all-too-ordinary roadside service area.  Over the next few years, her increasingly desperate boyfriend (Kiefer Sutherland) searches for her obsessively, unaware that her sociopath abductor (Jeff Bridges, giving a weird, brilliantly insinuating performance) is watching him—and waiting to make contact.  Featuring a subtle yet terrifying score by the incomparable Jerry Goldsmith, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Ronald J Epstein

#180 of 213 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,513 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 08:27 PM

Press Release 10/01/2014

Twilight Time “NERVOUSLY” announces the Blu-Ray debut of John Schlesinger’s mesmerizing story of the supernatural – A timely Halloween treat!

“THE BELIEVERS”

www.screenarchives.com

"Gripping, genuinely frightening…Well-crafted film knows how to manipulate its audience but shows no mercy, either…” —Leonard Maltin’s Movie Guide

“Schlesinger does a neat job of undermining our sense of security—he makes everything, even everyday objects, look creepy and threatening…An honest, disquieting, anxious-making thriller.  It has images that keep bubbling back into your head.  It'll scare you, even if you don't believe.”

Hal Hinson, The Washington Post

Director John Schlesinger (Midnight Cowboy, Marathon Man) ventures elegantly into supernatural territory with The Believers (1987), the tale of Cal Jamison (Martin Sheen), a recently widowed police psychologist forced to deal with a series of ritualistic child murders apparently perpetrated by a malevolent rogue branch of a Caribbean cult religion.  As the cult’s connections to corporate oligarchs begin to emerge, the lives of Cal and those around him—particularly his vulnerable young son (Harley Cross)—are put at terrible risk.  Also starring Helen Shaver, Robert Loggia, and Jimmy Smits, and atmospherically shot by the great Robby Müller, cinematographer/partner of Wim Wenders, Lars von Trier, and Jim Jarmusch.

Ronald J Epstein

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users