What's new

Panasonic DMP-BDT300 netflix&vudu no longer works? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so I finally go around to streaming videos (yes I'm very behind). i have multiple players but decided to use my BDT300 as it is the most current as far as I know.

I am running firmware 1.85 amazon prime works.

Netflix and vudu does not. when I tried to login as my vudu account I get an error message this account has already been registered. It wants me to create a new account instead of using an existing one. weird.

with Netflix I get the instant queue message: To begin Watching Instantly on your Player, please go to Netflix.com and add movies to your instant Queue. This is the process similar to:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00031723/31891/Y/

except that Netflix has since gotten rid of that and I can't watching any Netflix on my BDT300 anymore...

I don't even know how to reset the app. I've reset the 'settings' but it doesn't reset the app settings. any thoughts on getting Netflix to work again or forget it and get new set top device?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, stand alone devices usually have to be registered for each application. Amazon shows you what devices are registered somewhere in your account info, but I don't think Netflix does (or I haven't found it yet LOL). It is possible the software on the player is old, as in you have the latest firmware but that is still too old and won't work with Netflix simply because the app is no longer compatible (same with Vudu possibly).

My Queue is now called My List - hover over a movie to get the info screen to pop up for it and click on +My List

I'd probably contact Panasonic first and then Netflix. A newer player might solve the problem too as long as your inptus are HDMI as pretty much all new players are HDMI only. Streaming devices offer superior streaming and a lot more options compared to most players with streaming that I've seen and used, though they are now more expensive than the standard players at this point too. One benefit of streamers though is they tend to get more updates and will get update support a lot longer than a player will.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yes i registered amz and that worked. vudu allows me to login but wont accept my email account.is there a way to 'reset' the app settings only? so far i havent found a way.netflix registers but i get that message i posted above.icant use any buttons while in app except exit.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i called netflix, vudu and panasonic already none of them have a clue

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks