Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HBO Press Release: The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

HBO BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,571 posts

Posted June 04 2014 - 09:37 AM

"The greatest work of American pop culture of the past quarter century"

- The New York Times

THE SOPRANOS®: THE COMPLETE SERIES

BLU-RAYTM WITH DIGITAL HD

3563.png   

Collectible Box Set Featuring All Six Seasons of the Groundbreaking Series Available for the First Time on Blu-rayTM with Digital HD 

November 4, 2014. Just in Time for Holiday Gift Giving

Complete Series Blu-ray Set is Packed with More Than Five Hours of Bonus Content, Including a Never-Before-Seen Feature Exploring the Legacy and Impact of the Game-Changing Series

New York, NY (June 4, 2014) - Fifteen years after making its revolutionary debut and radically altering the TV landscape, fans of the legendary HBO® series The Sopranos can now experience the show like never before. This fall, all 86 episodes of the beloved Emmy®, Golden Globe® and Peabody Award-winning series are available for the first time in a Blu-ray with Digital HD collector set in 1080p high definition. With 28 Blu-ray discs packaged in an elegant box set featuring iconic artwork from the series, The Sopranos: The Complete Series Blu-ray ($279.98) is an essential addition to any home entertainment collection. Featuring all six seasons plus bonus materials, this must-have set will be out in stores exclusively from HBO Home Entertainment on November 4, 2014 - just in time for the holidays.

Blu-ray with Digital HD Set Special Features

The Sopranos: The Complete Series Blu-ray comes with a free Digital HD copy of all 86 episodes, and the set is also loaded with more than five hours of bonus material including a new and exclusive feature exploring how The Sopranos came to be and how it transformed the television landscape. "Defining a Television Landmark," which runs approximately 45 minutes, features all-new interviews with cast, crew, celebrities, filmmakers and academics -- including series creator David Chase, star James Gandolfini, Academy Award® winning director Steven Soderbergh, Emmy® Award winner Jeff Daniels and Golden Globe winner Steve Buscemi -- discussing the impact and influence of the groundbreaking series, with brand new archival footage. Additional bonus material includes lost scenes, two round table dinners with cast and crew, 25 audio commentaries and much more.  

About The Sopranos

For six seasons, millions of viewers loyally tuned in to HBO to watch the drama unfold as modern-day mob boss Tony Soprano juggled responsibilities between his family and his other "family."  Hailed as "a remarkable achievement" by the Wall Street Journal and "the greatest show in TV history" by Vanity Fair, David Chase's drama series The Sopranos stars three-time Emmy® winners James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano and Edie Falco as Tony's wife Carmela, plus Lorraine Bracco as therapist Dr. Jennifer Melfi, Emmy® winner Michael Imperioli as Tony's nephew Christopher Moltisanti and Dominic Chianese as Uncle Junior. Other series regulars include Robert Iler as Anthony Soprano, Jr., Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Meadow Soprano, Tony Sirico as Paulie Walnuts, Steven Van Zandt as Silvio Dante, Aida Turturro as Tony's sister Janice, Steven R. Schirripa as Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri, John Ventimiglia as Artie Bucco, Vincent Curatola as Johnny Sack, Frank Vincent as Phil Leotardo and Ray Abruzzo as Little Carmine.

The Sopranos: The Complete Series

Exclusively on Blu-ray with Digital HD

Street Date:            November 4, 2014

Order Date:             July 22, 2014

Rating:                      TVMA

Runtime:                  Approx. 83 Hours

Price:                         $279.98                

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

• lukejosephchung and mrz7 like this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,071 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted June 04 2014 - 03:01 PM

I've been waiting a long time for this one. :)

• mrz7 likes this

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted June 04 2014 - 05:19 PM

Can't imagine what the delay was on this BD if they wanted to take advantage of maximum interest after the end of the series. Perhaps their calculation was that absence makes the interest grow fonder. I'll be ready to visit Tony and the gang again later in the fall.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted June 04 2014 - 07:18 PM

This is a definite "must have"......I am glad HBO/Warner are FINALLY releasing the COMPLETE series on Blu-Ray at once!!! All television shows should be released to Blu-Ray this way!!!
  • cafink likes this

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 550 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted June 07 2014 - 05:55 PM

Concurred, mrz7. This one is definitely going under the tree for me this XMAS!!!!! I have been running through my old DVDs of the series and this announcement is very timely. I can see, clearly, through my old Sopranos DVDs, how my OPPOs and HDTVs are screaming for a Blu-ray Disc release of this classic series. And this coming holiday season, they are going to happily receive it!!!!!
  • mrz7 likes this
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Kipp Teague

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 05:28 PM

This is a must-buy for me.  I have been re-watching the series in HD on Xfinity On Demand and it looks fantastic.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 05:34 PM

Well, this is certainly an offer I can't refuse.
  • Kipp Teague likes this
My DVDs

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,097 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted June 13 2014 - 09:39 AM

Already own the Season 1 and Season 6/Season 6.5 BDs, and will still be re-dipping on this one for sure, no question whatsoever -- but will those seasons be getting brand-new transfers for this boxed set? They came out back in 2007, and HBO could almost certainly get a decent image-upgrade seven years later.

• Tina_H_V likes this

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 550 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted June 18 2014 - 06:17 PM

Already own the Season 1 and Season 6/Season 6.5 BDs, and will still be re-dipping on this one for sure, no question whatsoever -- but will those seasons be getting brand-new transfers for this boxed set? They came out back in 2007, and HBO could almost certainly get a decent image-upgrade seven years later.

Hear, hear, Josh, so do I!!!!! Here is hoping that new transfers do, indeed, come to pass--especially given all that is presently going on regarding 4K processing, b/w the age of those S6 BD's, indeed. And since The Sopranos S1 BD DID come with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, perhaps that is one thing we can at least look forward to regarding the sound.
  • joshEH likes this
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,225 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 09:46 AM

If the other seasons are from the "new" transfer, I assume that S1 and S6 should be also.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,571 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 10:45 PM

Now Available for Preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 07:31 AM

Best Buy will be selling this for $159 on Tuesday, November 4. Obviously, if Amazon matches, use the HTF link above and buy it through there.

• TravisR likes this

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts

Posted November 04 2014 - 03:29 PM

Despite the spotty PQ review from Harris, I plan to pull the trigger on Tony at Best Buy for $159 unless someone snitches with info on a better upcoming deal. Grazie!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HBO, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users