Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Gone With The Wind 75th Anniversary UCE (Blu-ray)

Warner BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 of 87 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 12:19 PM

I saw that blown up to 70mm 1967 widescreen version. At the time, I wasn't sufficiently familiar with GONE WITH THE WIND to be horrified by the compositions or the lack of color consistency. Now, being thoroughly familiar with it, I wouldn't mind seeing that one again just to be suitably mortified.

That was when I first saw the film, during the 1967 widescreen re-release. I don't even remember it being widescreen. I'm sure I didn't notice anything at the time as I didn't know then how the movie should look. And I was used to seeing movies chopped up on TV.

#82 of 87 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,039 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted June 07 2014 - 05:38 PM

That was when I first saw the film, during the 1967 widescreen re-release. I don't even remember it being widescreen. I'm sure I didn't notice anything at the time as I didn't know then how the movie should look. And I was used to seeing movies chopped up on TV.

It's not often that you get to see a film chopped up in a theater. I can't claim to have seen the w/s release of GWTW. But about 25 years ago, I was at a multi-plex theater somewhere in Virginia that was showing The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. It was projected in the proper aspect ratio (2.35x1). Only problem was it was projected onto a 1.85x1 screen with approximately 1/3 of the image completely off the screen and wrapped around the left wall of the theater!!

#83 of 87 OFFLINE   Mark Mayes

Mark Mayes

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood

Posted June 08 2014 - 09:56 PM

For my fellow Canadians, Cineplex theatres will screen GWTW as part of their Classic Film Series this November. The only date listed so far is November 9th, but there's usually about three showings of the classic film each month.

http://cineplex.com/...es-presentation

The Egyptian here in LA will be screening GWTW on the 26th of July, with our friend Kendra Bean introducing, Andy-- wish you could make it. That theatre screens it the best! (Though the Chinese was fun!)

#84 of 87 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,276 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 09:50 PM

Now Available for Preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#85 of 87 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,276 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 11:48 AM

I have no intention of double-dipping on the same transfer in a 

new packaging with new trinkets.

However, I will say something positive about what I see here...

Warner is seemingly taking a new approach to these overpriced

boxed sets.  In other words, they are no longer as overpriced as 

they were.

At least this set is carrying a price tag under $35 (Amazon), so it

does make it make it easier for those that want to double-dip.

This past week, Warner released The Nutty Professor boxed set

for under $35 (Amazon).  

Seems that the studio is perhaps considering a lower pricing

structure on these big boxed sets.  If that's the case, I hope they

find a surge in sales to keep that structure intact.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#86 of 87 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,653 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 12:19 PM

One interesting thing, this is a Warner's release, yet the pre-order is actually listed on Amazon.

Are they picking and choosing?

#87 of 87 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted August 04 2014 - 01:52 PM

For those who aren't interested in another "Box o' Trinkets", the UK release may be just the ticket...

http://www.amazon.co...=I30RTFL2KMVICP

81xY8IwzhvL._SL1500_.jpg

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users