What's new

Cimarron Strip (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I purchased the past week as such I have watched few episodes. I notice that the set was not remastered as it pictures look very rough. I welcome anyone else thoughts and/or suggestions.

Regards,
Paul Young

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I liked this show when it was available streaming a few years back. But the PQ looked rough then too. And some parts of the episodes had, apparently, been cut.

The closest comparison to CS, I think, is The Virginian, which was the only successful 90-minute Western. Without commercials those episodes are about 75 minutes or so in length. I think CS episodes are c. 70 minutes in this release, which means they've somehow cut 5 minutes out. It's really too bad that a show like this, which would probably cost $4 million an episode today, if you could even make it, doesn't even get a $10,000 per episode restoration. But that's the economics of the biz, apparently, for some old shows.....

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Paul, the episodes I've watched have clocked at about 72 minutes, so there's apparently a few minutes edited. It's clearly not remastered either, but I think it looks pretty good, and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
This business about the cut episodes has already been debated in the other Cimarron Strip thread, Different views on whether it is cut or not. Those who claim it is, base their argument on the fact that a 90 min time slot show for this period always ran for 75/76 minutes. I don't think this is necessarily so or was such an exact science.. Having viewed most episodes on the UK releases a couple of years back, I can see no evidence of trimming, so until someone can come up with an original 35mm print that runs longer my view is they are uncut..

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
All I can say is that the "Producers of Gunsmoke" did GOOD making this series and I can see why Whitman is so proud of his work....WELL DONE SIR. Glad I have the series in hand and no longer just hanging on "The Knife In The Darkness" episode on DVD being the "Jack The Ripper" fan that I am.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Stuart Whittman does amazing job as the sherrif!! I have watched many episodes as such I was really impressed with the quality of the scripts!! It is too bad that this show did not go past one season!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched many episodes as such the show really impresses me!! The guest stars are very good, especially Steve Forrest!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks