What's new

Mr. Majestyk (1974) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Mr. Majestyk is a bit of a disappointment. While some outdoor daytime close up shots looked pretty good, there are plenty of interior and dark scenes that are extremely grainy. This one belongs in the under $10 sale bins.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Rob Mac said:
Mr. Majestyk is a bit of a disappointment. While some outdoor daytime close up shots looked pretty good, there are plenty of interior and dark scenes that are extremely grainy. This one belongs in the under $10 sale bins.
It was about what I expected. Soft and grainy. But I saw it in the theaters in 1974 and, while I don't have total recall, it was never an eye-popper visually. But actually one of Bronson's better efforts. I don't regret my $17 purchase at all.....

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Recently saw Mr. Majestyk on the Kino Lorber Blu. Great '70's action flick, and though not my favorite Bronson (that would be The Mechanic), this was extremely well-done.

I liked how the film started out one way, and then when Bronson (as a prisoner) was involved in the attempt to free that hit man, the film shifted a different way - very creative story-telling.

The PQ was solid (for the most part), but there were still some scenes where there was a lot of film grain visible - especially at night. However, considering this is an older film, that was understandable. Plus, since Bronson films on Blu are few & far between anyway, I'm not complaining too much
icon_wink.gif

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Recently saw Mr. Majestyk on the Kino Lorber Blu. Great '70's action flick, and though not my favorite Bronson (that would be The Mechanic), this was extremely well-done.

I liked how the film started out one way, and then when Bronson (as a prisoner) was involved in the attempt to free that hit man, the film shifted a different way - very creative story-telling.

The PQ was solid (for the most part), but there were still some scenes where there was a lot of film grain visible - especially at night. However, considering this is an older film, that was understandable. Plus, since Bronson films on Blu are few & far between anyway, I'm not complaining too much
icon_wink.gif

I'm with you on this one, Jim. I thought the movie looked pretty good on Blu. Fun Bronson flick, always get a good laugh at picturing ol' Chuck as a watermelon farmer. The Elmore Leonard novelization fills in the character's backstory as a badass military vet, which explains his ability to take out mobsters with relative ease. And of course, Al Lettieri as the bad guy is a big plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks