Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 6-3-2014

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 of 38 OFFLINE   Sigwolf

Sigwolf

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 07:41 AM

I'm still seeing $39.96 for True Blood at Amazon (matches Best Buy, but Target is still lower). If they come down to match Target, I'll make my purchase.

Interesting that Amazon has the blu ray listed, but is still not offering the DVD version.

Additionally, Target is still showing the blu ray as a pre-order with a release date of 6-10, and says it's not available in stores.

#22 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,337 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 03 2014 - 07:58 AM

^ Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I tried to buy the True Blood Blu-ray this morning and they said it wasn't available until June 10. Even though I knew it was futile since they can't override the computer, I pointed out how it was in this week's ad and absolutely had a release date of today but they said the best they could do was take down my phone number and have the electronics department contact someone at corporate about the date and when it was worked out, they could sell it to me. Since that'll probably take until after June 10, I just drove a mile to Best buy and had them price match the Target ad. :)

• Jason_V likes this

#23 of 38 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,221 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 03 2014 - 09:08 AM

^ Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I tried to buy the True Blood Blu-ray this morning and they said it wasn't available until June 10. Even though I knew it was futile since they can't override the computer, I pointed out how it was in this week's ad and absolutely had a release date of today but they said the best they could do was take down my phone number and have the electronics department contact someone at corporate about the date and when it was worked out, they could sell it to me. Since that'll probably take until after June 10, I just drove a mile to Best buy and had them price match the Target ad. :)

:laugh:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#24 of 38 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,682 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 03 2014 - 09:15 AM

OK, today Amazon does have True Blood DVD for $27.99, and has apparently split the difference on the match between Best Buy and Target, listing the blu at $37.78.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#25 of 38 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 03 2014 - 10:29 AM

Is nobody else interested in "Sexter: Final Season" this week?

:D

• Mike Frezon likes this
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#26 of 38 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted June 03 2014 - 10:43 AM

found out about the target date lock the hard way, but it worked to my benefit, the guy trying to check me out called distribution who gave him the run around, and had him call some one else, even though its stocked on the shelf, so after 20 minuets of this back and forth he just keyed in a price to match the add, pulled out another $3.00 off coupon, so that after taxes I paid less than what was in the flyer 

be warned in the flyer in really small print, under this tue releases, it stated that dates are subject to change, guess that is what is happening at target

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#27 of 38 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,682 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 03 2014 - 11:38 AM

POPULAR

Is nobody else interested in "Sexter: Final Season" this week?

:D

Aaron gets the "Eagle Eyes" prize for the week. :lol:

• Aaron Silverman, Jason_V and Mike Frezon like this

#28 of 38 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,221 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 03 2014 - 03:02 PM

At least someone is paying attention to my sloppiness!  :biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#29 of 38 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted June 04 2014 - 11:56 AM

My review of Falling Skies Season 3 is now up.

#30 of 38 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted June 04 2014 - 12:05 PM

What may be happening with Amazon and Warners is that Warner is tired of Amazon occasionally jumping the street date on their titles, and thus the inability to order until the actual day of release. Studios get very testy when customers get titles before they are supposed to.

#31 of 38 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 04 2014 - 04:25 PM

What may be happening with Amazon and Warners is that Warner is tired of Amazon occasionally jumping the street date on their titles, and thus the inability to order until the actual day of release. Studios get very testy when customers get titles before they are supposed to.

More directly from  Bill Hunt;s latest My 2 Cents column

"Not done yet... some of you have been asking why your Amazon.com pre-orders for select Warner Bros, Paramount catalog, Viz Media (and other Warner-distributed) titles have been suspended. We’ve learned through industry sources that Warner Home Video and Amazon.com are in the middle of negotiations on a new contract, so pre-orders on Warner titles have been suspended until a deal is reached. Hopefully, the situation will be resolved soon."

• Adam Lenhardt likes this

#32 of 38 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,399 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted June 04 2014 - 05:20 PM

Not a surprise, since Amazon's been pulling exactly the same tactics with Hachette Book Group for a while now.

It seems like a very shortsighted policy on Amazon's part, because the short-term competitive advantage would be gained at the expense of the long-term financial health of the supplier.

#33 of 38 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 04 2014 - 05:29 PM

Seems shortsighted for everyone, honestly.

Shortsighted for Amazon since they're going to lose some amount of pre-orders and orders, not to mention the extras that people add on to get free shipping. And then Warner is losing one of the largest retailers for their product. Sure, it will be available on the site in the long run, but not when it may be top of mind for some consumers (ie. when it's announced).

Should I even mention how terrible Best Buy is this week? I planned on walking over at lunch on Friday to grab Superman, Batman and The Birdcage. The store I would walk do doesn't have stock of any of them. So chances are I'll be driving to a store (*sigh*) this weekend instead of getting a 2 mile-ish walk.

Yeah, I know...I'm just complaining to complain now...

#34 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,337 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 04 2014 - 06:32 PM

Should I even mention how terrible Best Buy is this week? I planned on walking over at lunch on Friday to grab Superman, Batman and The Birdcage.

I saw The Birdcage at the Target in my area yesterday. I didn't notice the price but since I don't see that many catalog titles at Target, it caught my eye.

#35 of 38 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 04 2014 - 07:50 PM

I might stop in there, Travis, if I can't find it at the non-walkable Best Buy. But, ya know, it's the principle of the thing with me. I take great pains to get 11,000 steps a day and walking to and from BB at lunch will get me about 4k. I can't walk to any Target in the area. I was hoping for the nice stroll for the steps and to get the discs. Sure, I can still do the walk and come back to work empty handed.

Then I just look like a dork.

I know...I'm not making any sense. That look you're giving your computer reading this is the same one the BF gives me most/all the time.  :)

• TravisR likes this

#36 of 38 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,221 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 04 2014 - 08:35 PM

confused_man1.jpg

#37 of 38 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,682 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 05 2014 - 09:46 AM

Sure, I can still do the walk and come back to work empty handed.

Then I just look like a dork.

People go for walks all the time without returning with an armload of stuff. :huh:

Amazon finally matched Target's price on True Blood, so I ordered it from there.

As noted in the Big Lots thread (for those who may not check there), they current have a selection of TV on DVD sets for $8 each (or 2 for $14, must buy in pairs; quantities limited). Titles include:

Chuck seasons 1-5
Friends seasons 1-10
Fringe seasons 1-5
Gilmore Girls seasons 1-7
Gossip Girl seasons 1-5
Nip/Tuck seasons 1-6
The O.C. seasons 1-4
One Tree Hill seasons 1-6
Southland seasons 1-5
Two and a Half Men seasons 1-10

• Jason_V likes this

#38 of 38 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 05 2014 - 01:13 PM

People go for walks all the time without returning with an armload of stuff. :huh:

I could...but what's the point of going into a store and not buying anything?  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users