Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Blu-ray) DVD)

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,505 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:25 AM

The Mind-Blowing Saga That Began in Marvel’s The Avengers Continues in 
ABC’s Action-Packed Series

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Relive All 22 Thrilling Episodes, Plus Get Level 7 Access with Newly De-Classified Bonus Features Available On Blu-ray and DVD.  In Stores September 9, 2014

Synopsis:

The mind-blowing saga that began in Marvel’s The Avengers continues in ABC’s action-packed series, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — The Complete First Season.

In the wake of The Battle of New York, the world has changed forever. An extraordinary landscape of wonders has been revealed! In response, mysteriously resurrected Agent Phil Coulson assembles an elite team of skilled agents and operatives: Melinda May, Grant Ward, Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons and new recruit/computer hacker Skye. Together, they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. But every answer unearths even more tantalizing questions that reverberate across the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe: Who is "The Clairvoyant”? What is Hydra’s sinister master plan; what dark secret lies behind Skye’s puzzling origins, and most importantly of all, who can be trusted?

Cast:                                “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”  stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grand Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Bonus Features:          Journey Into S.D.C.C. – Hop on the bus and share the thrill of a lifetime as the series makes its first ever appearance at San Diego Comic-Con, where the cast is welcomed with open arms by a sea of enthusiastic fans

Marvel Studios:  Assembling A Universe TV Special  

5 Behind-The-Scenes Field Reports – Get exclusive access to the show’s classified sets for the making of some of your favorite episodes

·  “The Malibu Jump”

·  “The Bridge”

·  “Asgardian Bar Fight”

·  “Classified”

·  “Cello Duet”

VFX Breakdowns – Explore the layers of effects in sequences with split-frame comparisons to the final version

Audio Commentaries with Filmmakers & Cast

Gag Reel 

Deleted Scenes

Writers:  Varies by Episodes

Executive Producers: Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers”, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Maurissa Tancharoen (“Dollhouse”, “Spartacus”, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog”), Jed Whedon   (“Dollhouse”, Spartacus”, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog”), Jeffrey Bell (“Angel”, “X- Files”, “Alias”) and Jeph Loeb (“Heroes”, “Lost”, “Smallville”)

Release Date:  September 9, 2014

Rating:    TV PG

Run Time: Approx. 946 minutes; 22 episodes

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1, 16x9 Widescreen

Audio:  Blu-ray:  5.1 DTS-HDMA, DVD:  5.1 Dolby Digital

Languages:  English Audio

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,027 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 30 2014 - 12:27 PM

Relieved to see that Disney is going to release the first season on Blu-ray. I would have been very surprised if they didn't, but one never knows nowadays.

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,505 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 09:39 PM

227318440,05D2AC253DAAD329F3A.jpg

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,917 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 31 2014 - 07:51 AM

The ABC logo smack dab on the front of the art is interesting...

And by interesting, I mean totally out of place.

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,293 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 10:23 AM

Why?  It's ABC's biggest corporate-trademark meal-ticket aside from Once Upon a Time or Modern Family.

Or do you just not like being reminded it's "just" a network TV series?  ;)

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 04:30 AM

Talk about shows that could actually benefit from a HALF season release!!! The first half of this show's first season was pretty poor.  It was all over the map in terms of quality and even knowing what it was. The second half of the season the show started to improve, at least to the point where I would try the second season when it begins. 

But I think I will just take a pass on this one....

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,913 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 05:43 AM

I think a DVD/Blu-ray release will help the show gain new fans.  I agree that the first half was forgettable, but the second half- wow!  I hope they explore further into the Marvel Universe for the second season as well as introducing a new character or two.

Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,293 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 09:33 AM

I bailed on the first half, like probably most "I don't CARE how 'magical' Tahiti was anymore!" folks did--

Can someone give me a number where the "good" second half kicks in, when Netflix picks it up in late-summer/fall?

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,052 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 11:16 AM

I thought it was a great season, and I'll be getting this, especially to watch the early episodes carefully to see the hints planted about Ward's character.

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 653 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I bailed on this too. Do I HAVE to watch all the first half shows or can I just jump into the second half of these so called "wow" episodes without being completely confused?

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,505 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 08:54 AM

In celebration of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season coming to DVD and Blu-ray on September 9th we have an entertaining video of the gag reel from the bonus features to share with you! Check out the clip below. 

Ronald J Epstein

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   High C

High C

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 09:26 AM

I intend to get this at some point, if only for the Lorelei episode. . .

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,966 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 28 2014 - 09:28 AM

I think a DVD/Blu-ray release will help the show gain new fans.  I agree that the first half was forgettable, but the second half- wow!  I hope they explore further into the Marvel Universe for the second season as well as introducing a new character or two.

It was actually kind of odd.  I was snoozing and almost stopped watching after the first half and them BAM! 

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:41 AM

Here's the way to view the Series:

* View the Pilot

* Then skip to Episode 10.   Episodes 10 through 16 can best be described as "better than average".  They're not as compelling as what is to come, but they are essential viewing as set up for the later eps.

* Episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn"  --- The first Five-Star ep.  BE SURE to view the "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" movie first, though.  (Coincidentally, that flick is being released to BD the same day as this First Season set.)

* Episodes 18-22 --- These are all *very* compelling and vary between four stars and five stars on a five star scale.

Joseph
---------------

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,052 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 11:15 AM

I'll be getting this on release day; just hoping I'll have enough time to see them all before season 2 begins -- and yes, I saw every episode when it aired. I liked the first half of the season (as well as the second) which played like a very cool 1970s adventure show.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,917 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 31 2014 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, I bailed on this too. Do I HAVE to watch all the first half shows or can I just jump into the second half of these so called "wow" episodes without being completely confused?

I would chug through the first ten or so episodes, no matter how slow they feel. There is character backstory and some events that are important in the second half of the season.

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   Chip_HT

Chip_HT

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 03:44 PM

Any idea why I can't go ahead and preorder this and Cap: Winter Soldier from Amazon?  I mean, it's only a month out, usually I can preorder by now.

(And trying to avoid spoilers, since I haven't been able to see Cap: WS, and thus stopped watching SHIELD so I could watch things in order.)

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,052 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 04:51 AM

Another Amazon dispute with a studio? You also can't order Muppets Most Wanted, which comes out in a week or so!

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,917 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 02 2014 - 07:50 PM

Another Amazon dispute with a studio? You also can't order Muppets Most Wanted, which comes out in a week or so!

Interesting...my pre-order for Muppets is still showing as being delivered by the 14th...but I can't get a good product listing page on the site.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,723 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 03 2014 - 08:24 AM

I had the same experience, but I'm still on the fence about owning. It will come down to price, which is tempting given the deals in the Disney Movie Club.

It was actually kind of odd.  I was snoozing and almost stopped watching after the first half and them BAM! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users