Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D BD Combo) (BD Combo)

Disney BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 06:34 AM

FA3768AF-FDA6-4FF6-B183-0E2E12AAD906.png XI8aal5.jpg

MARVEL’S FIRST AVENGER RETURNS IN THE YEAR’S

BIGGEST BLOCKBUSTER ACTION ADVENTURE!

MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA:

THE WINTER SOLDIER

Own The Movie That Changed Everything, along with Exclusive Bonus Features!

Get it First on Digital 3D and Digital HD, plus Disney Movies Anywhere August 19th, and on 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand September 9th

BURBANK, Calif. May 30, 2014— From the studio that brought you the biggest Super Hero movie of all time, Marvel’s The Avengers, comes this year’s #1 live-action adventure, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, available early on Digital 3D and HD August 19th, 2014, and on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand September 9th, 2014, from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. Saluted by critics as “action-packed” (NY Daily News), “thrilling” (Cinema Blend) and “better than The Avengers” (Access Hollywood), this blockbuster second chapter in the Captain America series teams Marvel’s First Avenger, Captain America, with Black Widow and new ally The Falcon as they battle their most mysterious and powerful enemy yet, the Winter Soldier.

Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and starring Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as The Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as The Falcon, with Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier arrives on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital HD armed with explosively entertaining bonus features, including Making-of Featurettes, Audio Commentary, Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes, Bloopers and More…

Bring home the movie that changed everything and expand your Marvel collection in the following formats with bonus features as listed:

Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:

Digital 3D, HD, & SD*

3D Blu-ray Combo Pack (3D BD + Single Disc BD + Digital Copy)

•  

Includes:

·       Making-of Featurettes

·       Audio Commentary

·       Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes

·       Bloopers

·       And More…

*Digital bonus offerings will vary per retailer

1-Disc DVD

•  

·       Making-of Featurette

·       Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scene

Feature Run Time:                                Approximately 136 minutes

Rating:                                                         Feature Film: “PG-13” in U.S., G in Canada (CE and CF)

Additional Bonus Features Not Rated

Aspect Ratio:                                             3-D Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.40:1

Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.40:1

DVD Feature Film = 2.40:1

Audio:                                  Blu-ray 3D & Blu-ray 2D = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital,                                                                                        Latin Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital

DVD = English/Latin Spanish/French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English DVS 2.0                                                          Dolby Digital

Languages/Subtitles:                           English, French & Spanish (Applies To Film Content Only)

Social Media:

Stay connected with the latest news and information about Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

·       “Like” us on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/CaptainAmerica

·       Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/captainamerica

·       Check out our Website and Mobile Site: marvel.com/captainamerica

·       www.Disneymoviesanywhere.com and download the App at https://itunes.apple...-anywhere-watch

ABOUT MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER:

After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier finds Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. Joining forces with Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off assailants sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier is produced by Kevin Feige, p.g.a., directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely, and stars Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp and Hayley Atwell, with Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee. The film set a new record for the all-time biggest April opening weekend with $95 million at the domestic box office upon its release on April 4, 2014. It is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,734 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 06:58 AM

Can't wait to pick this up. This was a great movie. Definitely one of Marvel Studios' best.

Not wild about that cover art though.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,075 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:02 AM

This is a buy.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,734 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 10:23 AM

Unfortunately, Marvel is breaking tradition and will not be releasing a new "One Shot" with the home video release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier

http://insidemovies....dier-exclusive/
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:33 AM

Im glad to say that THIS FILM COMES OUT 2 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY :)

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 12:03 PM

POPULAR

Bummer on the lack of a new One-Shot (although better not to do one than to make a poor one), and bummer on the digital early release -- but at least we're getting a 3D Blu-ray.  I really have no idea what their current 3D strategy is, with both "Frozen" and "Need for Speed" not getting BD3D releases despite theatrical 3D releases.

Can I also take a moment to say this digital-early thing is really annoying?  The Blu-ray is supposed to be the top of the line, premium product, and when it comes late, or missing features, that devalues what it is, and yet, there's no corresponding drop in price.  Furthermore, there's no need for Blu-ray buyers to purchase an early digital copy, since the film itself comes with all the necessary codes.  They couldn't come up with a system where if you pre-ordered it, you could get the redemption code for the download at the same time digital purchases begin?

I'm excited to purchase this title, and relieved that it's got a genuine BD3D release without needing to jump through any hoops, but the trend of digital retailers getting it almost a month early is a real slap in the face to disc purchasers.

• Sean Bryan, cafink, Mark Cappelletty and 1 other like this

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,134 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 02:31 PM

No preorder links, yet, Ron?

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 09:51 PM

No preorder links, yet, Ron?

Mark, as of early this morning, no.

I am a little surprised.  I expect preorders will start appearing this weekend.

If you guys see them, send me a private PM with the link and I will get them up ASAP

as we appreciate you using our links to order.

Thanks!!!!!!

• Mark Cappelletty likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   hanshotfirst1138

hanshotfirst1138

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 09:53 PM

Please no 3-D exclusive extras, OK? Please? Not on this or DOFP? Please!

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 12:33 PM

Please no 3-D exclusive extras, OK? Please? Not on this or DOFP? Please!

Why not?  I mean, the film was shot in 3D with 3D cameras.. so if they want to include 3D deleted scenes, that's something I'd be interested in.  Or a featurette on the 3D technology used would be interesting.  Fox's Life Of Pi Blu-ray includes deleted scenes in 3D.

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,074 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:01 PM

Why not?  I mean, the film was shot in 3D with 3D cameras.. so if they want to include 3D deleted scenes, that's something I'd be interested in.  Or a featurette on the 3D technology used would be interesting.  Fox's Life Of Pi Blu-ray includes deleted scenes in 3D.

I think he's referring to retailer exclusive material.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 04:16 PM

If the extra were about the actual 3D content - OK. However if it were another type of extra, I'd be disapointed if it were only available in the 3D package, and not in the 2D.

Since I don't own a 3D TV, and wasn't blown away by the 3D in the theaters, I plan on purchasing the 2D version, and I would hope all the extras would be available.

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 04:41 PM

Ok, I think I get what you're saying now -- you don't want a release like "Prometheus" or "The Wolverine" where the version that included the 3D disc also included significant extras not on the 2D only version.  The only thing I'd say to that is that the 2D versions of those titles were being sold as basically the "bare bones" edition, and the 3D was considered just one of many bonus features in the deluxe editions.

For all of the other Marvel titles to date, the 3D version had the same bonus features as the 2D version.  For the Disney-released Marvel BDs (The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World), there are no bonus features on the 3D disc, and the 2D disc is the exact same disc that comes in the 2D-only package.  I think it'll be the same with Cap 2.

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   hanshotfirst1138

hanshotfirst1138

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 04:48 PM

Ok, I think I get what you're saying now -- you don't want a release like "Prometheus" or "The Wolverine" where the version that included the 3D disc also included significant extras not on the 2D only version. The only thing I'd say to that is that the 2D versions of those titles were being sold as basically the "bare bones" edition, and the 3D was considered just one of many bonus features in the deluxe editions.

For all of the other Marvel titles to date, the 3D version had the same bonus features as the 2D version. For the Disney-released Marvel BDs (The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World), there are no bonus features on the 3D disc, and the 2D disc is the exact same disc that comes in the 2D-only package. I think it'll be the same with Cap 2.

That's exactly what I mean. I have no 3-D TV and no interest in 3-D, and I have a significant interest in the various extras.

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 05:02 PM

That's exactly what I mean. I have no 3-D TV and no interest in 3-D, and I have a significant interest in the various extras.

Gotcha. 

I can only say, at least in the cases of the above discs, if I didn't have a 3D TV, I would have bought them anyway.  Both were priced cheaper than some of the more expensive Disney/Warner/Universal BD3D combos, and had significant bonus features that were worth the bucks over the standard 2D version.  Tellingly, neither the Prometheus nor Wolverine sets advertised 3D prominently -- they mentioned the inclusion of the 3D disc, but it wasn't in big bold letters the way it is on some other titles.  I think that's kinda how you have to look at it when you get something like the Prometheus 4 disc version, that it's a "collector's edition" that has everything you could possibly get... the 3D disc being just one of the pieces of the puzzle.  You can get that set for $20 or less now, and that price is worth the four hour making of documentary in and of itself.

I get what you're saying, though.  I'm actually hoping/wishing that we eventually get to a point where if a movie had a 3D version, the 3D version is included as part of the set at no extra cost.  We're not expected to pay extra for a movie shot in color, a movie shot in widescreen, or a movie mixed in surround sound.  Why should 3D be any different?  A studio wouldn't put out a BD of the newest movie with a mono track only, and then charge extra for the one with surround sound.  That's basically what they do for 3D, and I'm hoping it stops eventually.

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   SFMike

SFMike

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 01:56 PM

A studio wouldn't put out a BD of the newest movie with a mono track only, and then charge extra for the one with surround sound. 

Stop giving them ideas! :o 

Anyway, I'm just glad they are releasing this at all in 3D as Disney's treatment of  their 3D releases has been schizophrenic to say the least.

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 02:00 PM

Stop giving them ideas! :o 

Anyway, I'm just glad they are releasing this at all in 3D as Disney's treatment of  their 3D releases has been schizophrenic to say the least.

Altho owned by DIsney, Marvel is a separate entity.  They aren't bound by what Disney does with their own (Buena Vista) releases...thankfully!

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted June 16 2014 - 11:28 AM

Actually, Josh, I believe most Marvel films are shot in 2D, then converted to 3D by StereoD. And this was not one of StereoD's better conversions....

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted June 16 2014 - 12:56 PM

Actually, Josh, I believe most Marvel films are shot in 2D, then converted to 3D by StereoD. And this was not one of StereoD's better conversions....

Totally correct, with the exception of the post-credits scene in the original Thor, it's all post-conversion.  I was quoting someone who was talking about the eventual Blu-ray for X-Men: Days Of Future Past, which was shot with 3D cameras… and unfortunately is the most 2D image I've ever seen in 3D!

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 10:47 AM

Any idea on why there are no Amazon pre-orders for this yet?

I originally thought this was a Warner's release (I was wrong).   But that issue is apparently resolved anyway.

I'm still confused why other retailers have it, but not Amazon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users