-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray Combo) Available for Preorder

Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,216 posts

Posted May 29 2014 - 06:43 AM

million_ways_to_die_in_the_west_ver11.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,117 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 29 2014 - 06:49 AM

A pre-order already? The danged thing just came out today! How long before that watch-the-movie-before-they-finish-making-it joke in Spaceballs becomes a reality?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#3 of 8 DisneySwan1990

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted May 29 2014 - 08:37 AM

I'm only watching it for Liam Neeson, and he's my main squeeze!
  • Dee Zee likes this
Enough is Enough, We Demand A DVD Release of Clueless: The Series, New York Undercover: The Complete Series, and the remaining 7 seasons of Baywatch + its spinoffs!!!!

#4 of 8 Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 11:15 AM

I found these special features*:

• Audio commentary [for both unrated and rated versions]
  • Featurettes:The good the bad and the increasingly decreasing population, A fistful of dirt... in your mouth & Once Upon a time, in a different West
  • Deleted, Extended and Alternate scenes
  • Alternate Opening
  • Alternative ending
  • Gag Reel

* subject to change

Edited by Ruly2, July 23 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#5 of 8 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 24 2014 - 05:32 AM

Every time I see this thread I think it's an announcement for 8 Million Ways To Die, the 80's crime thriller. Bummer

#6 of 8 Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 418 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted July 24 2014 - 09:38 AM

I found these special features*:

• Audio commentary [for both unrated and rated versions]
  • Featurettes:The good the bad and the increasingly decreasing population, A fistful of dirt... in your mouth & Once Upon a time, in a different West
  • Deleted, Extended and Alternate scenes
  • Alternate Opening
  • Alternative ending
  • Gag Reel

* subject to change

The deleted material is of the most interest to me here. There were a number of snippets that didn't make the final film that made it into the trailer (Most of the material involving the doctor was removed, probably because test audiences couldn't handle all of the bloodshed), and also the removal of a funeral ("She had a splinter, Doc. What the hell were you supposed to do?"), which was spoiled in every ad I ever saw and yet never saw the light of day in the film. Still, I've been reading the novelization, which has even more deleted stuff, including a sequence where Albert tries to get back into dating (The shot in the trailer of Seth MacFarlane's mug smiling and laughing most likely comes from this stuff). This will be a really interesting release. I know many didn't like this film but I found it to be very entertaining and funny, and (dare I say it) just a little bit better than Ted.

"...so here we go." --"Punch-Drunk Love"

Last 5 Blu-Rays Purchased: The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), Reality Bites: 20th Anniversary Edition (1994), Mallrats (1995), Her (2013), I Love You, Man (2009)

# of Blu-Rays and DVDs in my Collection (Combined): 1231

#7 of 8 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,216 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 05:34 AM

A SIDE-SPLITTINGLY OUTRAGEOUS COMEDY WITH AN ALL-STAR CAST FROM 

THE CREATOR OF TED, ‘AMERICAN DAD’ AND ‘FAMILY GUY’

A MILLION WAYS 

TO DIE IN THE WEST

UNRATED VERSION WITH MORE LAUGHS EXCLUSIVELY ON 

DIGITAL HD AND BLU-RAY!

BE THE FIRST TO OWN IT ON DIGITAL HD SEPTEMBER 9, 2014

BRING HOME THE BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK INCLUDING BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET™ ON OCTOBER 7, 2014

Universal City, California, August 5, 2014 – Sparks and bullets fly between a gun-shy sheep farmer and a beautiful sharpshooter in A Million Ways to Die in the West, an outrageously irreverent comedy coming exclusively to Digital HD on September 9, 2014 and DVD and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack on October 7, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Coinciding with the digital release date of the film will be a deluxe version of the soundtrack album, featuring additional score cues by composer Joel McNeely.  This album will be available exclusively through iTunes.  

Seth MacFarlane, creator of “Family Guy” and the blockbuster comedy feature film Ted, directs produces, co-writes and stars in this sweet and saucy film packed with laughs, lunacy and just the right amount of romance. A never-before-seen UNRATED version of the film, featuring 18 additional laugh-packed minutes is available exclusively on Blu-ray™ and Digital HD. A Million Ways to Die in the West DVD and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack each offer hilarious bonus content, including deleted scenes, alternate takes, feature commentary and much more. 

MacFarlane is joined by an all-star cast including Academy Award®-winner Charlize Theron (Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus), Liam Neeson (Non-Stop, Taken), Neil Patrick Harris (“How I Met Your Mother”, Hedwig and the Angry Inch), Amanda Seyfried (Les Misérables, Mamma Mia), Giovanni Ribisi (Ted, Avatar) and Sarah Silverman (Wreck-It Ralph, “The League”).

When Albert Stark (Seth MacFarlane) loses his fickle fiancée (Amanda Seyfried) to a mustachioed dandy (Neil Patrick Harris), he rebounds hard with Anna (Charlize Theron), a gorgeous gunslinger new to his Old West town. What he doesn’t know is that Anna’s ex, Clinch Leatherwood (Liam Neeson), is the most dangerous desperado on the horizon and he’s on his way to reclaim his gal—whatever it takes. With MacFarlane’s bold and bawdy humor and a host of surprise celebrity cameos, A Million Ways to Die in the West will have audiences splitting their britches! 

The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™.  

* Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound. 

* DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away. 

* DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download. 

Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray™ 

* Alternate Ending 

* Deleted/Extended/Alternate Scenes 

* Once Upon a Time in A Different West  - A behind the scenes look at what it took to pull all the pieces together 

* The Good, The Bad and the Increasingly Decreasing Population – Learn about some of the familiar faces that pop into Old Stump including one of the greatest cameos of them all, a visit from Christopher Lloyd aka Doc Brown.

* Unrated commentary with director/producer/co-writer Seth MacFarlane, co-writers and executive producers Alec Sulkin & Wellesley Wild and star Chalrlize Theron 

Bonus Features on Blu-ray™ and DVD 

* Gag Reel 

* A Fistful of Dirt…In Your Mouth – Follow the production through all the shooting locations 

* Feature Commentary 

http://www.amillionways.com/

FILMMAKERS 

Cast: Seth MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Amanda Seyfried, Giovanni Ribisi, Neil Patrick Harris, Sarah Silverman and Liam Neeson 

Directed By: Seth MacFarlane

Written By: Seth MacFarlane and Alec Sulkin & Wellsely Wild 

Produced By: Scott Stuber, Jason Clark, Seth MacFarlane

Executive Producers: Alec Sulkin and Wellsely Wild

Director of Photography: Michael Barrett

Production Designer: Stephen Lineweaver

Edited By: Jeff Freeman, ACE

Costume Designer: Cindy Evans

Music By: Joel McNeely 

TECHNICAL INFORMATION - Blu-ray™:

Street Date: October 7, 2014

Copyright: 2014 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.

Selection Numbers: 61129805 / 61131197 (CDN)

Running Time: 1 hour 56 minutes

Layers: BD-50

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Rating: R for strong crude and sexual content, language throughout, some violence and drug material

Technical Info: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French DTS Digital Surround 5.1

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles

TECHNICAL INFORMATION - DVD:

Street Date: October 7, 2014

Copyright: 2014 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.

Selection Numbers: 61129806 / 61131196 (CDN)

Running Time: 1 hour 56 minutes/TBD

Layers: Dual Layer

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Rating: R for strong crude and sexual content, language throughout, some violence and drug material

Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#8 of 8 Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 418 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:46 PM

Well, now I feel bad about buying the soundtrack album on iTunes just prior to the theatrical release. If I had known a deluxe edition was coming, I would've happily waited. Still, the current album has been getting a lot of play on both my iPod and iPhone.

Still, very much looking forward to the release of the film. Looks nicely packed, and looks to have extras that will be worth watching. 

"...so here we go." --"Punch-Drunk Love"

Last 5 Blu-Rays Purchased: The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), Reality Bites: 20th Anniversary Edition (1994), Mallrats (1995), Her (2013), I Love You, Man (2009)

# of Blu-Rays and DVDs in my Collection (Combined): 1231

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Universal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users