Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hoping to enjoy photography again...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 of 105 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 03:08 PM

Here's the first one.  This is Lake Marie.  I shot two views of it and one of Mirror Lake, which is right next to it, and a few other grab shots.  Believe it or not, it was 40 degrees up there.  After I'd been there a while the wind got so bad I called it a day.  This is a multiple exposure panorama, shot vertically, so the full image is nearly 60MP.

Not sure how I feel about that freakishly tall tree on the right.

Lake Marie 1b.jpg

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#102 of 105 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 04:32 PM

This is Mirror Lake.  Unfortunately, the clouds had pretty much gone away by the time I got there.

Mirror Lake #1.jpg

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#103 of 105 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,657 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 24 2014 - 05:56 PM

It's a different Lake Marie, but a little John Prine seems fitting.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#104 of 105 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,662 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 25 2014 - 03:52 AM

Nice shots. John. I especially like the panorama photo. Although it is not considered ideal, I actually like a mostly blue sky sometimes with a mountain shot -- I think the color adds a nice contrast. I do understand your apprehension on the tree in the first shot. I sometimes like to frame shots with trees on the edge of the frame, but that one is a little too tall in relation to the other trees in the stand (sort of like a loose hair ;) ). However, if you crop those trees out, you'd lose some of your foreground boulders on the right, and those work really well in the composition.

#105 of 105 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 06:06 AM

I may have to cheat and do something about that tree.  The altitude there is a little over 10,000 ft and the wind is intense, so none of the trees is very healthy llooking.  The wind was so bad by the time I shot at Mirror Lake, that shot isn't entirely sharp, even with a tripod and a fairly fast shutter speed.  Sort of a waste because it is an enormous image.  Almost 100MP.

The Hybrid System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users