What's new

Warner Archive seems to be getting better (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
What's everyone's opinion > I Re-downloaded the app on my roku and there seems to be quite a bit more streaming TV and Movies and quite a bit of stuff is HD where the MOD program only offers it in DVD Format, so anyone who has it care to comment if it's worth the $10 bucks a month yet?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I've been a paying member since they launched the iPad app and used it so much that I bought a Roku as well to play it on my projector in HD. I watch at least 2-3 movies a week on it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Peter Apruzzese said:
I've been a paying member since they launched the iPad app and used it so much that I bought a Roku as well to play it on my projector in HD. I watch at least 2-3 movies a week on it.
So have I and I have Roku setup on all three of my HT setups so I can watch Warner Instant.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I took advantage of the free trial, so far I like it. I'd love to see CBS and other start up a streaming service I'd gladly pay for the ability to stream their movie and tv catalog. They could make some profit on stuff to unprofitable to release on disk

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I tried it last year about this time but quickly found that many shows that ran for multiple seasons didn't have the whole run available. For instance, Superman only had two seasons available for streaming.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
I would like the archive to be integrated with their download electronic sell thru. A buy now button on the service next to the film would be wonderful.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I recently watched The Show by Tod Browning on WAS and enjoyed it tremendously. Even the movies that aren't in HD look and sound great. Between Warner Archive, Amazon Prime and Netflix Streaming, I don't need cable at all. I put up a small leaf antenna for broadcast and I'm set.

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
I think they are getting much better.
I have been with them from the start.
And they are adding more all the time.
And keep in mind. They are not going to re-new over 500 Movies & TV shows that they have been letting NetFlix have.
So over time, NetFlix will lose them.
And Warner will have them online.
Really for $10.00 a month. You can't go wrong..
I am going to keep them...

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Ben,

Try a Roku 3.Going to your TV with a HDMI Cable. I like Warner Archives.They are great for the Old TV shows & Movies.
Also CBS has CBS all access. CBS All Access .Com
Poor Man Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks