What's new

Does Amazon Prime Work Outside USA? (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Does Amazon Prime streaming from amazon.com work on Ipads when you are outside the US? I know things like Watch ABC are blocked when overseas and I was wondering about other streaming services. I know amazon.co,uk has its own version of Amazon Prime which is separate from amazon.com. Just curious what I will have access to while traveling this summer while waiting at airports or train stations.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I found my own answer after searching Amazon for terms of service.
3. LIMITED TO U.S.
Due to restrictions placed on us by our content providers, we are currently only able to make the Service available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Service if you are outside of the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Glad I know in advance so I won't be disappointed.

John Santoro

Auditioning
There is a cheat of sorts, I was stationed in Germany for a very long time and I used a proxy server to be able to watch TV (Netflix, Hulu), as well as be able to download Germany restricted content like Call of Duty map packs. The down side to this is you must pay for a proxy service, although if you have family in the US who have a high speed connection there is a way to use their service as your internet as well, a friend of mine connected to his parents Slingbox through the internet and watched all the latest episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks