What's new

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Season 11 kicks off on May 28th, with a two-hour premiere. Once again, Nigel and Mary are permanent judges, with guest judges each week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Glad this show is back! Wonder who'll make it from this season of SYTYCD to DWTS next season. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fantastic start so far. They've been even more focused on the quality dancing. And the Dads dancing. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
#battleAwesome! Cyrus, Fikshun, and a third giving some white guy from Witchita a dance-off he'll never forget. That was one of the best things I've seen on SYTYCD!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The female Czech animator and Mary Poppins were pretty entertaining.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Agree. Enjoyed them both. Actually, when the Czech performer started, I was so surprised, I was shouting at the TV! I like the contemporary dancer. She was evocative and had strong choreography. The tapper was a joy to watch. And the gorgeous little blond girl, who could win the show.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
DaveF said:
#battleAwesome! Cyrus, Fikshun, and a third giving some white guy from Witchita a dance-off he'll never forget. That was one of the best things I've seen on SYTYCD!
Don't forget Legacy, who is the best traditional B-Boy the show has ever had!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. I didn't know him, he predates when I started watching the show. But he was amazing! It seemed Fikshun and Cyrus had been working and learning. Fikshun especially. Very cool.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
They are spending no time, save for the 5 sec summaries, on bad dancers. Normally, they spend time to setup a story, and then a bad dancer make a fools of himself. This season, it's all good or fun dancers. Instead, they're wasting my time with Bieber-image rehab and some mid-rate dance crew twitter off. A pox on the whole affair.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, the skip button gets pushed as soon as the Biebs shows his face.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good lord, that sexy blonde dancer with dem' moves.... Where's that "The Mask Eyes-Bug-out" gif when you need it...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That Czech Animator was amaze-balls. Way better than Cyrus (who wasn't all that great to being with). Then he appears later on the show and is blown away by Legacy and Fik-Shun, proving my point. BTW, that French popper wasn't really all that great. Actually worse than Cyrus.

The sexy blonde dancer was HELLA sexy (although not as sexy as Hayley was last season). Of course, she was cursed with, "she's going to go really far". That's the kiss of death. Is she even going to make it to the top 20?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think Cyrus is really good (among the best I've seen) when he sticks to the traditional robotic animation. As soon as he begins to move out of his comfort zone, he loses his effectiveness.

Legacy can still bring it. I was never a huge fan of Fik-Shun: he tends to come across as immature (as in his moves are good, but kid-ish).

That blonde dancer. Wow. Much hot. Very dance.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hanson said:
That Czech Animator was amaze-balls. Way better than Cyrus (who wasn't all that great to being with).
Are we watching the same show? By Cyrus, you mean this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czwHiLlfMaY&list=LLRIrKMon3KFUX0YITZKddYQ&index=14

I've got an easy question then: if Cyrus is only an average 'animator', I want to see someone who's great. Post some YouTube links, because that would mind-blowing :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
LIghtning storms knocked out power, and we missed the dancer giving tribute to her brother, who overcame his addiction. Bummer, because she looked good.

I enjoyed the 9 year old kid dancing "for the experience"; and got a Cyrus and Fikshun as backups. They're two of my favorites. They aren't great all-around dancers, but they are tremendous performers and a joy on stage.

This episode kinda blurred together for me. I'm finding I'm a sucker for Contemporary, and there was a pretty good dancer in that category. Also, the young fellow, now 18 and Jenna's partner, he's got potential.

Funky Ballerina, I enjoyed. Part of it, I've got an African-America niece and I'm becoming more aware of who / what she might enjoy and look up to one day. It's a different perspective for a white guy :)

I guess I was distracted tonight, not as much stood out to me as previous episode.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
DaveF said:
if Cyrus is only an average 'animator', I want to see someone who's great. Post some YouTube links, because that would mind-blowing :)
I find Cyrus unremarkable and boring. The Czech girl from last week is waaaay more entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l_TBE1DZNFU

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I kinda see where Hanson is coming from. Of the Dragon House dancers auditioning in the clip DaveF posted, I found Cyrus the least interesting/artistic. But what he had going for him was an accessible and welcoming personality, which ultimately played out in the competition as being adaptable and teachable, which the other two didn't really have. Those qualities ultimately make for the stronger SYTYCD competitor as they're asked to do things outside their style and genre.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Here's another guy who blows away Cyrus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdXfVAANE0&feature=player_detailpage

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks