What's new

Star Wars and N SYCH? How is this movie not going to suck? (1 Viewer)

Todd McF

Second Unit
Ok, thats it. I've seen the laughable trailer during LOTR and I was deeply pained by the dialog. I'm not attacking the actors, its the dialog that's cheesy.
"Its all Obi Wans fault!"
"Someday I'll be the best Jedi ever!"
You've got to be f'n kidding me.
Alright, now I read this about N SYNCH in Star Wars:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2001601540,00.html
So GL's daughter is Directing or is she just the Casting Director?
I can't believe the franchise is going down in flames like this. This guy has no artistic integrity. I think GL and John Carpenter should get together talk about how bad they have LOST IT. Why not just retitle Ghost of Mars as Episode III and get it over with? I'm so sick of special effects without substance.
Maybe Lucas watch LOTR and get a clue.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
All I can say this this thread is :rolleyes:and :laugh: First of all, is that the best source you can get? Second, this rumor has been shot down and has been going around for 3 months. Three, can you say trolling?
If it is true, I'd pay just to see them get whacked. However, if you must know, Steve Sansweet stated this wasn't true. Whatever the case, did we really need a brand new thread? Put it in one of the 10,000 Star Wars thread.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
All five members of the group — Justin, LANCE BASS, JC CHASEZ, CHRIS KIRKPATRICK and JOEY FATONE — appear in a battle scene in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones.
But unfortunately for fans they are all bumped off within seconds by savage androids.

Todd McF

Second Unit
Well, someone sent me the link. I wasnt going to post anything until this news put me over the edge. Who refuted it? I've been grumbling about the trailer silently for a week.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Steve Sansweet refuted it. Whether that's the case, who knows. Whatever the deal, there are probably 150 Joe-Blows in the arena scene. That is a massive battle and they have to get them from somewhere.

I'll tell you what, if I see N'Stync's faces in the film, I'll troll against Lucas with you. Heres what I heard reported. I heard they were in the deep background blurred out for about a half of a second, then ripped to pieces by super droids. I have no idea of the validity. But it has been refuted and shot down by TF.N and by Sansweet. If it's true, then I'm getting my gun and hunting Lucas down.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I think this rumor has already been refuted over on the Force.net. The Sun is a sensationalistic tabloid that isn't always accurate to say the least. I wouldn't worry about anything they print.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hey, I like the podracing mural Michael. Did you do that?
Yup! I painted it for my nephew and promised him a new one that represents each new movie (Ep2 & 3).
(Hmmm.... now I look like an ass for my earlier comment... ;))

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Were both Episode 1 and 2 shot back to back and using the same people (writers, etc). If so, then I would expect the same as EpI but with even more special effects, explosions, and the same poor dialogue.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Regardless of whether this rumour is true or not, the Sun newspapers is possibly the worst source for info on films and tv etc. Generally, they often get their info from the internet, and I have even seen them quote directly from sites like AICN as "an unofficial source"

I really hope this isn't true though, and if it is, they had better blur their faces so that everyone else can't tell who they are.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Now MTV is reporting it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, if this is true, then I want to kill them for asking for a bit part. I want to kill Lucas even more. All I've got to say is if I can even make out who they are in the film, and if they last more than 1 second, I'm done. No more Star Wars. It better be as was explained on TF.N. They're in the blurry, distant background, and get blown apart in about a half second.

SHIT! Sorry.

If so, then I would expect the same as EpI but with even more special effects, explosions, and the same poor dialogue.
There's alway Spiderman.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
why are you all bashing NSYNC for being extras? and why the wicked response from you Terrell regarding their inclusion? lots of singers turn to acting, actors turn into presidents for gosh sakes.

it isn't as though he has cast them all as lead characters, or even characters with dialogue.

so did the ETs in the galatic senate ruin TPM?

if you look through the history of Star Wars, every one of them has some extra or piece of machinery/etc., directly lifted from today's world.

I don't see where the problem is given the reports....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Give me back my brain, Paul! First, you post thoughts identical to mine concerning LOTR, and oops! You've done it again! ;)
There's alway Spiderman.
Except, the trailers haven't been very good. I've seen people bashing Hayden Christensen's acting in the Forbidden Love trailer, while at the same time praising the Spider-Man trailer. I'm sorry, but Christensen looks like Olivier next to that embarrassing Tobey Maguire voice-over.
To add to what Paul said, I think if you're upset about the N'SYNC easter egg, you should also be upset about the objects in the asteroid field in Empire, the 2001 pod in Phantom Menace, and every other little in-joke that has become a hallmark of the series.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
After reading this on imdb.com this morning I figured there might be something to it. I suppose I understand where people are coming from with their reactions - these boys represent the pop/youth culture that Star Wars fans (myself included) don't want to see the series become. Personally, IF the reports are accurate and we can't even really tell who they are, I will be perfectly happy (as long as the movie is good of course :)). Even if their faces are visible, as long as they are truly extras I still have no problem with their inclusion. The fact is that they are more than likely fans of the series and have the connections/star power to get themselves in a position to be in the movies. How many of us wouldn't do the same if given the opportunity? If it really bothers you, I would ask if Sophia Coppola being in TPM bothered you at all. Maybe not exactly the same thing, but a lot of people probably didn't even know she was in the movie. At this point, in my opinion, I don't think this news should cause any worry over the tone or future of this series.
one more rant....
I apologize beforehand if this violates any of our forum's rules. If it does, I'll gladly remove this portion of my message. That being said, I find it very hypocritical that a certain member of the online community is complaining about this. Did this person complain when he used his position to be an extra in Ghosts of Mars (even if the scene ended up cut), Monkey Bone, or The Faculty? This may not have been much of a rant but it was something I wanted to say. Rant done... :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
and every other little in-joke that has become a hallmark of the series.
How is NSYNC an "in-joke"? What connection do they have with SF films (the connection with the 2001 pod is obvious) or with Star Wars? It seems to me that their appearance isn't an "in-joke" at all--simply a bit of cash flow or marketing having nothing to do with the story. That emphasis just points out how important marketing is to Lucas.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Give me back my brain, Paul! First, you post thoughts identical to mine concerning LOTR, and oops! You've done it again!
well, we are both from Texas, so that is probably it, only people from Texas give LOTR less then a 5 star rating and like Star Wars anymore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks