The Features

– The Monuments Men – 2014

– Pompeii – 2014

– Nosferatu the Vampyre – 1979

– 3 Days to Kill– 2014

– Grand Piano – 2013  

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
3 Days to Kill   $14.96 $16.99 $14.99
About Last Night [2014]   $18.99 $16.99
Arthur Hailey’s The Moneychangers   $17.99
Back In Crime [Kino]  $27.98
Batman: The Brave and the Bold – The Complete First Season   $x.xx
Billy Joel: A Matter of Trust – The Bridge to Russia Concert [5-19 Release Date] $11.88
Call the Midwife: Season Three   $32.99
Dalziel & Pascoe: Season Nine   $29.73
The Dating Guy: The Complete First Season   $27.98
Doctor Who: The Enemy of the World   $16.98
Grand Piano   $12.96
The Great Flood   $22.48
Happy Days: The Fifth Season   $33.99
House of Dust   $12.98
In Secret   $14.96
JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time   $x.xx
John Wayne: The Epic Collection [with Amazon Exclusive "Duke" Belt Buckle]   $114.99
L.A. Law: Season 2   $17.98
McCanick   $9.96
Mischief Night   $14.96
The Monuments Men   $17.99 $17.99
Nikita: The Complete Fourth and Final Season   $x.xx
The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett Story   $16.18
Pompeii   $16.99 $14.99
The Revengers   $16.99
Sophia Grace & Rosie’s Royal Adventure   $x.xx $12.99 $12.99
Stay [2014] [Kino]  $27.98
Vampire Academy   $12.96 $12.99
Waking the Dead: Season Nine   $33.98
Warehouse 13: The Complete Series   $109.99 $89.99
Warehouse 13: Season Five   $27.99 $19.99
Way of the Wicked   $11.99
Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley   $x.xx

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
3 Days to Kill   $19.96 $19.99 $19.99
About Last Night [2014]    $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Billy Joel: A Matter of Trust – The Bridge to Russia Concert [5-19 Release Date]  $22.48
Call the Midwife: Season Three   $37.98
Grand Piano   $25.48
Invasion Europe: 70th Anniversary War Collection   $x.xx
Like Someone in Love [Dual Format Criterion Collection]   $33.96
McCanick   $9.96
McClintock [Authentic Collector's Edition] $22.94
The Monuments Men   $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Nikita: The Complete Fourth and Final Season    $x.xx
Nosferatu the Vampyre   $19.99
Pompeii    $21.99 $19.99 $17.99
Pompeii 3D   $24.99 $24.99
Right Kind of Wrong, The    $27.98
Sophia Grace & Rosie: A Royal Adventure $x.xx $16.99 $16.99
True Stories of WWII Collection   $x.xx
Vampire Academy   $14.99 $14.99
Way of the Wicked   $13.49

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Some prices on this week's new releases were not available yet at Amazon.com. 

--Best Buy decided to be vague this week about it's DVD prices of The Monuments Men, Pompeii and About Last Night.  They say they are "$17.99 to $18.99 each."

--Also, Best Buy has a deal to buy two of the above movies (The Monuments Men, Pompeii or About Last Night) and get a $5 BB gift card.  Buy three and get a $10 BB gift card.  Any format.  Must be purchased on same receipt.  Limit one offer per customer.

--Best Buy is advertising FREE MOVIE MONEY to see X-Men: Days of Future Past.  Get up to $8 in Hollywood Movie Money with the purchase of select X-Men titles to see X-Men: Days of Future Past.  In theaters May 23, 2014.  Offer valid in store until 6-21-14.  Movie Money expires 7-20-14.  See specially marked packages for details.  Additional titles to choose from in store and online.  Blu-ray titles shown in the Sunday flyer are:  X-Men: First Class, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  All three titles are $9.99 apiece.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Monuments Men on Blu-ray.  Includes EXCLUSIVE bonus disc containing "A Monumental Undertaking: George Clooney's Journey" featurette.

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE three song download with its copies of Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure.  I would advise everyone reading this to be at their local Target store first thing on Tuesday morning to get in line so as to be sure to be able to take advantage of this wonderful offer.  

--Target is also advertising the FREE MOVIE MONEY to see The X-Men: Days of Future Past in theaters.  Buy select movies and get $8 in theater cash.  Redemptiom code inside packaging.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks.  Blu-ray title shown:  X-Men Origins: Wolverine $15.00.  More in store.  

--Target also has an offer for $10 credit at TargetTicket.com...if you buy SELECT TV on DVD titles in stores (more titles in store):

$7.99:  Sex and the City: Season 5

$14.99:  Arrow: Season 1, Pretty Little Liars: S3, Ther Big Bang Theory: S6

$17.99:  The Vampire Diaries: S4

$19.99:  True Blood: S5

--Target has an offer for more FREE Theater Cash to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  Buy select movies and get $7.50 in movie money.  Redemption code inside packaging.  Good only for How to Train Your Dragon 2.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks.  More titles in store.  Title shown in flyer:  How to Train Your Dragon DVD $12.00.

--And still more FREE MOVIE MONEY from Target.  Buy select movies and get $7.50 theater cash to see Neighbors.  Redemption code inside packaging.  Good only for Neighbors.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks.  More titles in store.  Title shown in flyer:  Pitch Perfect DVD $12.00.

--And even yet still more FREE MOVIE MONEY at Target this week.  Buy select films and get $10.00 theater cash to see 22 Jump Street.  Redemption code inside packaging.  Good only for 22 Jump Street.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rain checks.  More titles in store.  Title shown in flyer:  21 Jump Street Blu-ray $15.00.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Call the Midwife?

What an odd title for a show.

How about

Call the plumber

Order a Pizza.

Anyway a free week for me except for the three TT movies that are supposed to have already shipped but still havent.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Doctor Who: Enemy Of The World - finishing off the Classic Series (after almost 13 years).McClintock

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'll have to check in the morning, but if The Wolverine is included in the BB sale, I'm in. Otherwise, nada this week.

Thanks, as always, Mike!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Nothing on the review list left for me this week, but I'm still expecting last week's Twilight Time releases which haven't yet arrived.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
David Weicker said:
Doctor Who: Enemy Of The World - finishing off the Classic Series (after almost 13 years).
I believe that they are working on "The Underwater Menace" for a release later this year.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Terry Hickey said:
I believe that they are working on "The Underwater Menace" for a release later this year.
You are correct. I had forgotten that.Although, by all accounts, the missing pieces will not be animated (the animation company has moved on). UM ep2 is the only remaining/existing episode not on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks