TIE ME UP! TIE ME DOWN! - Dual Format Blu-ray/DVD Edition & DVD Only Edition
Pedro Almodóvar’s colorful and controversial tribute to the pleasures and perils of Stockholm syndrome, Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! is a rambunctious dark comedy starring Antonio Banderas (Philadelphia) as an unbalanced but alluring former mental patient and Victoria Abril (Kika) as the B-movie and porn star he takes prisoner in the hopes of convincing her to marry him. A highly unconventional romance that came on the spike heels of Almodóvar’s international sensation Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, this is a splashy, sexy central work in the career of one of the world’s most beloved and provocative auteurs, radiantly shot by the director’s great cinematographer José Luis Alcaine (Volver).
1990 • 101 minutes • Color • 5.1 surround • In Spanish with English subtitles • 1.85:1 aspect ratio
DIRECTOR-APPROVED DUAL-FORMAT 1-BLU-RAY/2-DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New 2K digital restoration, supervised by director Pedro Almodóvar and executive producer Agustín Almodóvar, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
• New documentary on the making of the film including interviews with Pedro and Agustín Almodóvar; actors Antonio Banderas, Victoria Abril, Loles Léon, Rossy de Palma, and Penélope Cruz; production manager Esther García; editor José Salcedo; and cinematographer José Luis Alcaine
• New interview with Almodóvar collaborator and Sony Pictures Classics copresident Michael Barker
• Conversation from 2003 between Almodóvar and Banderas
• Footage from the film’s 1990 premieres in Madrid and New York
• New English subtitle translation
• PLUS: A booklet featuring a 1990 piece about the film by Almodóvar, a conversation between filmmaker Wes Anderson and critic Kent Jones, and an interview with Almodóvar from 1989
TITLE: TIE ME UP! TIE ME DOWN! (DUAL-FORMAT 1-BLU-RAY AND 2-DVD EDITION)
CAT. NO: CC2364BDDVD
TITLE: TIE ME UP! TIE ME DOWN! (2-DVD EDITION)
CAT. NO: CC2382DDVD
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.