What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

93181_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
DAVID LYNCH AND MARK FROST’S GROUNDBREAKING CULT PHENOMENON ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™ WITH THE LONG-AWAITED DEBUT OF NEARLY 90 MINUTES OF DELETED/ALTERNATE SCENES FROM TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]
Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.21.38 AM.png
[/color]

For The First Time Ever, Acclaimed Television Series And Feature Film Arrive In One Complete Box Set With Upgraded Picture,
Newly Produced And Archival Special Features …
All Under the Personal Supervision of David Lynch

Available July 29, 2014

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (May 15, 2014) – Twenty-five years after the shocking murder of Laura Palmer in the acclaimed series from legendary filmmaker David Lynch and writer/producer Mark Frost, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution will release TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY.

Arriving for the first time on stunning High Definition Blu-ray with English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 29th, this comprehensive collection contains every episode from the complete television series; both the U.S. and international versions of the series’ Pilot; the North American Blu-ray debut of Lynch’s follow-up feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me; and nearly 90 minutes of deleted and alternate scenes from the film. The set also features newly transferred Log Lady introductions for each episode; picture upgrades to many shots in the TV series; a new featurette with Lynch and the actors who portrayed the Palmer family which includes a mesmerizing return to the lives of their characters today; and hours of never-before-released material that dives into the fascinating story behind the celebrated pop culture classic.

Along with a newly transferred version of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, created from a 4K scan of the original negative, TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY Blu-ray box set boasts the long-awaited missing pieces from the original version of the film – nearly an hour-and-a-half of deleted/alternate scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me – often referred to as the “holy grail” of Twin Peaks fandom. This feature-length experience has been directed and edited by Lynch exclusively for this release. Capping off more than 30 deleted/alternate scenes is an epilogue providing a fascinating glimpse beyond the cliffhanger finale of the TV series.

“During the last days in the life of Laura Palmer many things happened, which have never been seen before” said David Lynch. “They're here now alongside the new transfer of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks, the television series.”

“We set the bar very high with our prior complete series TWIN PEAKS DVD Gold Box,” said Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Home Entertainment.

“THE ENTIRE MYSTERY Blu-ray had to be spectacular in terms of both content and presentation. We are confident that we hit the mark and are bringing the fans something very special. None of this could have been possible without the day-to-day involvement of David Lynch.”

TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY is loaded with special features. In the two-part feature “Between Two Worlds,” Lynch himself interviews the Palmer family (Leland, Sarah and daughter Laura) about their current existence in this life and the next, and follows up with a discussion with the actors who portray them. TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY also features “Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories,” an exclusive retrospective documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew who recount the making of the Twin Peaks movie and working with David Lynch. The collection also features high-definition versions of the Log Lady episode introductions, transferred from recently unearthed 16mm film negative, a selection of newly discovered deleted scenes and outtakes from the television series, and three Twin Peaks photo galleries with over 130 behind-the-scenes images from David Lynch’s personal never-before-released collection. Also new to this release are 10 vignettes of iconic Twin Peaks themes called “Atmospherics.” Each features a unique montage of music, dialogue and video (including some rare outtakes) that appear as both menu backgrounds and as their own textless experience to further immerse fans in the mysterious world of Twin Peaks.

Additionally, the set features a massive collection of pre-existing special features, some of which have been re-mastered in high definition exclusively for this release, including the award-winning four-part documentary “Secrets From Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks,” and a newly extended version of the Gold Box featurette “A Slice of Lynch,” featuring the complete and uncut conversation between David Lynch and actors Kyle MacLachlan and Mädchen Amick. Additionally, this 10-disc set houses an extraordinary archive of special features culled from the entire history of Twin Peaks on home video, including featurettes, cast and crew interviews, promotional reels, archival deleted scenes...and much, much more.

Winning a Golden Globe® for Best Television Series - Drama in 1991, and a fixture in all-time top TV series lists from TIME, Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide, Twin Peaks follows the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town who are stunned after the homecoming queen Laura Palmer is suddenly found murdered. The investigation that follows engenders an eerie chain of events with cataclysmic results felt across the entire town. The series features an ensemble cast including Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Lara Flynn Boyle, Mädchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook, Richard Beymer, Ray Wise, Peggy Lipton and
Warren Frost. Although shot after the series ended, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is the prequel to the television series and focuses on the seven days leading up to Laura Palmer’s death. Many of the TV series cast members reprise their roles in the film and are joined by others including
Kiefer Sutherland, David Bowie, Chris Isaak and Harry Dean Stanton.

TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY will be available in 1080p with English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (Series and Feature), original English Stereo 2.0 (Series and Feature), Latin American Spanish Mono (Series), Latin American Spanish Stereo (Feature), Brazilian Portuguese Mono (Series), French Mono (Series), French 5.1 (Feature), Italian Mono (Series), Italian Stereo (Feature), German Mono (Series), German 5.1 (Feature), Castilian Mono (Series), Castilian Stereo (Feature), Japanese Mono (Series), and Japanese Stereo (Feature). The 10-disc collection also includes English SDH, Latin American Spanish, French, Italian, German, Castilian, Japanese, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Finnish subtitles (Series and Feature).

It will be available for the suggested retail price of $109.99 U.S. and $129.99 Canada. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:

[*]Pilot
[*]Original Version
[*]Alternate International Version
[*]Episode 1
[*]Episode 2
[*]Special Features
[/list]

[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[*]Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)
[/list]

Disc Two:

[*]Episode 3
[*]Episode 4
[*]Episode 5
[*]Episode 6
[*]Episode 7
[*]Special Features
[*]Season 1 Image Gallery
[*]Twin Peaks Sneak Peeks (HD)
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[*]Previews and recaps on select episodes (HD)
[/list]

Disc Three:

[*]Episode 8
[*]Episode 9
[*]Episode 10
[*]Special Features
[*]A Slice of Lynch: Uncut (HD) – NEW!
[*]Season 2 Image Gallery
[*]Promos (HD/SD)
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Four:

[*]Episode 11
[*]Episode 12
[*]Episode 13
[*]Episode 14
[*]Special Features
[*]Series Deleted Scenes
[*]Series Deleted Scenes (HD) – NEW!
[*]Outtakes (HD) – NEW!
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Five:

[*]Episode 15
[*]Episode 16
[*]Episode 17
[*]Episode 18
[*]Special Features
[*]Return To Twin Peaks
[*]Location Guide
[*]The Glastonbury Archives
[*]17 Pieces of Pie: Shooting at the Mar T (AKA RR) Diner
[*]Mark Frost Interview with Wrapped in Plastic
[*]Learning to Speak in the Red Room
[*]An Introduction to David Lynch
[*]Lucy Bumpers
[*]1-900 Hotline
[*]Production Documents
[*]Image Galleries
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Six:

[*]Episode 19
[*]Episode 20
[*]Episode 21
[*]Episode 22
[*]Special Features
[*]Postcards From The Cast
[*]Twin Peaks Sneak Peaks (HD)
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Seven:

[*]Episode 23
[*]Episode 24
[*]Episode 25
[*]Episode 26
[*]Special Features
[*]Cast And Crew Interviews
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Eight:

[*]Episode 27
[*]Episode 28
[*]Episode 29
[*]Special Features
[*]Secrets From Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks (HD)
[*]Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot
[*]Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season One
[*]Where We’re From: Creating the Music
[*]Into the Night: Creating Season Two
[*]Log Lady Intros (HD)
[/list]

Disc Nine:

[*]Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
[*]The Missing Pieces: Deleted/Alternate Scenes (HD) – NEW!
[*]Special Feature
[*]Archival Interviews
[/list]

Disc Ten:

[*]Special Features
[*]Between Two Worlds (HD) – NEW!
[*]Palmer Family Interview
[*]Actors Discussion
[*]Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories (HD) – NEW!
[*]Reflections On The Phenomenon Of Twin Peaks
[*]US Trailer
[*]International Trailer
[*]Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery – NEW!
[*]Atmospherics (HD) – NEW!
[*]Trees/Woods
[*]Pie
[*]Signs/Places
[*]Coffee
[*]Notes
[*]Water
[*]Donuts
[*]Owls
[*]The Ring
[*]The Red Room
[/list][/list]

TWIN PEAKS — THE ENTIRE MYSTERY BLU-RAY
Street Date: July 29, 2014
Suggest retail price: $109.99 US / $129.99 CAN
Catalog #: 144394
Series Run Time: Approx. 25 hours, 3 minutes
Film Run Time: Approx. 2 hours, 14 minutes
Series U.S. Rating: NR
Film Run Time: R - Strong Violence, Sex and Drug Content, Language
Series CAN Rating: 14A – Mature Theme
Film CAN Rating: 18A – Sexual Violence, Sexual Content, Disturbing Content

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
David Weicker said:
Did we lose the SNL skits?
Kinda looks that way. But early details can frequently be incomplete.

Not that it's important, but I HATE the cover art. Much prefer the Gold Box..

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Twin Peaks is my favourite TV series of all time, so this is a Day One purchase for me! I knew this BD set was coming, but the confirmation of the much-discussed-but-never-seen deleted scenes from FWWM is like discovering a lost episode! I still have vivid memories (and nightmares) of watching the series on the summer of 1990, when ABC reran all of the episodes, realizing they had a (short-lived) hit on their hands. I didn't know who David Lynch was, but I was alerted to the ads that mentioned "from the director of Blue Velvet" (a film my parents had rented back in the day, but forbade me to watch with them, which was a rarity, so I put that film in the memory bank--ah, forbidden fruit)--and watching the pilot blew my prepubescent mind! The series had its ups and downs (thankfully the Windom Earl storyline saved the series from its post-Laura tailspin), but I'll always be grateful to it for showing me how TV could be something more than escapist fare!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Awesome news as this is my favorite tv show of all time. Question as to the MSRP. is it $109.99 as listed above or $134.99 as listed on amazon?This will affect the retail discount. I'm hoping it's the former and Amazon is wrong. Either way it's a day 1 purchase for me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I know that but my point is if it's $109.99 than the price should be $76.99

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Tino said:
I know that but my point is if it's $109.99 than the price should be $76.99
Yup -- hopefully, it should drop a bit in the coming weeks; pre-ordered mine off the HTF Amazon link, too.

One of the great things about pre-ordering is the price guarantee -- do it on day one, and you're automatically locked in for whatever adjustments/drops come down the pike, without having to get lucky on a particular day.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll be waiting for a big price drop. I'm a fan, but I've already bought this too many times over the years (VHS, Laserdisc, DVD1, DVD2) for this to be a day-one purchase for me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
So was the entire series filmed on 35mm?
Yeah. There was maybe a dozen shots throughout the series that had some kind of SD video effect but the press release says there were "picture upgrades to many shots in the TV series" so I'm guessing that those few SD shots are going to be upgraded to HD resolution (like what they've done with the SD effects on Star Trek: The Next Generation).

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yup -- likely shots such as "Josie-in-the-drawer-knob" and others that were almost certainly originally composited on SD videotape. While this might tick off certain purists, I'd like to think that the success of CBS's work on the TNG Blu-Rays have proven that this can work, if done tastefully.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Yup -- likely shots such as "Josie-in-the-drawer-knob" and others that were almost certainly originally composited on SD videotape.
That's a rough one (mostly because of the stiff motion of the animation) and the zoom-in on Dr. Jacoby's eye in the S1 finale had to have been done in postproduction because it's clearly a horrible video effect rather than a close up of his eye on film. The other shots (like owls flying or the Owl Cave symbols, etc.) aren't too bad but I'm looking forward to the Josie and Jacoby eye shots looking better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks