What's new

TCFHE Press Release: The Man With No Name Trilogy (Blu-ray) (Re-Release) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
img1.jpg

The Man With No Name Trilogy
The Sergio Leone “Spaghetti Westerns” did not simply add a new chapter to the genre...they reinvented it. From his shockingly violent and stylized breakthrough, A Fistful Of Dollars, to the film Quentin Tarantino calls “the best-directed movie of all time,” The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, Leone’s vision elevated Westerns to an entirely new art form. This definitive Leone collection of the most ambitious and influential Westerns ever made includes more than five hours of special features that uncover buried gold in these gritty classics – plus a NEWLY REMASTERED version of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.
Bonus Features: ● Disc 1: A Fistful of Dollars Blu-ray ○ The Christopher Frayling Archives: Fistful of Dollars ○ Feature Commentary by noted Film Historian – Sir Christopher Frayling ○ A New Kind of Hero ○ A Few Weeks in Spain: Clint Eastwood on the Experience of Making the Film ○ Tre Voci: Fistful of Dollars ○ Not Ready for Primetime: Renowned filmmaker Monte Hellman discusses the television broadcast of A Fistful of Dollars ○ The Network Prologue - with Harry Dean Stanton ○ Location Comparisons: Then to now ○ 10 Radio Spots ○ Double Bill Trailer ○ Fistful of Dollars Trailer ● Disc 2: For a Few Dollars More Blu-ray ○ The Christopher Frayling Archives: For a Few Dollars More ○ Feature Commentary by noted Film Historian – Sir Christopher Frayling ○ A New Standard (Frayling on For a Few Dollars More) ○ Back for More (Clint Eastwood remembers For a Few Dollars More) ○ Tre Voci: For a Few Dollars More ○ For a Few Dollars More: The Original American Release Version ○ Location Comparisons ○ 12 Radio spots ○ Theatrical Trailer ● Disc 3: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Remastered Blu-ray ○ Leone's West ○ The Leone Style ○ The Man Who Lost the Civil War ○ Reconstructing The Good, The Bad and The Ugly ○ Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Part One ○ Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Part Two ○ Deleted Scenes [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Extended Tuco Torture Scene [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] The Socorro Sequence: A Reconstruction ○ Vignettes [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Uno, Due, Tre [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Italian Lunch [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] New York Actor [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Gun in Holster [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Audio Commentary from Film Historian Richard Schickel [SIZE= 11px]■[/SIZE] Audio Commentary from Christopher Frayling ○ Original Theatrical Trailer ○ French Trailer
The Man With No Name Trilogy Blu-ray
Street Date: June 3, 2014 Prebook Date: April 30, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 2.35:1 Audio: Disc 1: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Mono, Spanish Mono, French DTS 5.1 Disc 2: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Mono, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Disc 3: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Dolby Digital 1.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 French DTS 5.1 Subtitles: English SDH/Spanish/French U.S. Rating: R Total Run Time: 423 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$30 is a bit outrageous for a reissue.

Will wait for a hopeful Fox sale to pick this up half price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
$30 is a bit outrageous for a reissue.

Will wait for a hopeful Fox sale to pick this up half price.
Which will happen between now and the end of the year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any of the movies on Blu-ray so $30 seems like a fair (but not a great) price to me. Now if I only needed The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, I'd definitely wait for a great sale or the individual release before paying $30.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just hope The Good, The Bad and The Ugly doesn't look so bad and ugly anymore, hopefully it's now good.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
This confirms that they only remastered the one movie instead of all 3. Pretty lame if you ask me.

$30 is a pretty fair price for me. I unloaded the earlier blu-rays of the trilogy in anticipation for upgrades, but this set is (sadly) an acceptable compromise since at this point I doubt they're going to bother remastering the other two anytime soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$30 is a pretty fair price for me. I unloaded the earlier blu-rays of the trilogy in anticipation for upgrades, but this set is (sadly) an acceptable compromise since at this point I doubt they're going to bother remastering the other two anytime soon.
That's acceptable.

My situation is different. I just want the one film on Blu-ray. Already own the
original set. So, for me, spending $30 on this would be a complete waste.

I think there are many in a similar situation. When it goes on Fox 50% off sale
for $15, that's a no-brainer to buy.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
And no mono mix on TGTBTU, sadly. But I guess it is because the deleted scenes were never once recorded in English, only Italian.

Oh well. At least I can look for that Magnetic Video version from 1981 (a 2-tape-set) if I ever wanna see it in 100% analog English mono.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The first two films looked just as bad as GB&TU did in the first set, so this re-issue is garbage to me.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The first two films looked just as bad as GB&TU did in the first set, so this re-issue is garbage to me.
This re-issue is a total waste for many of us.

I know Fox reads this forum. I hope they realize that they aren't doing any
of us any favors by making us have to repurchase the same set over again
just to get the re-mastered version of TGTB&TU.

They tried doing the same thing with the recent ROCKY collection. Thankfully,
at the last minute, they released a single Blu-ray release of the re-mastered first film.

At the moment, that doesn't appear to be the case here. Of course, we all know
that within the next 6 months or so, the remastered TGTB&TU will suddenly be
available as a single Blu-ray release.

I generally love everything Fox does, but I just wish the studio would stop playing
this game of placing remastered titles into large sets that people already own instead
of making them available as singles. Is it really necessary to milk consumers this way?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
And yet a restored, 4K A Fistful of Dollars is playing at Cannes.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't trust those caps. The 2009 looks far too blue & the 2014 looks F-A-R too yellow. No rush to buy this one, I'll sit back & see what people say about it.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
IntoIt said:
And no mono mix on TGTBTU, sadly. But I guess it is because the deleted scenes were never once recorded in English, only Italian.

Oh well. At least I can look for that Magnetic Video version from 1981 (a 2-tape-set) if I ever wanna see it in 100% analog English mono.
Mono is on TGTBTU. Check the specs again for disc 3.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
IntoIt said:
Yes. It says "English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Dolby Digital 1.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1."

No mention of Mono anywhere.
"English Dolby Digital 1.0" is mono. I suppose it doesn't specifically state original mono and it COULD be the 5.1 mix collapsed down to one speaker but I'll think positive and assume that it's the original.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"No mention of Mono anywhere."Mono can be both 1.0 or 2.0. If you use Pro Logic from your receiver, you'll get the sound from the "front center only" with both options. So technically it doesn't really matter whether the mono is 1.0 or 2.0.I'll be getting this set. I only have these on DVD. I think.

Steen DK

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steen

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
A quick point (question?).

Has any seen a 4K remaster that's a duff yet?

Surely at this stage, after all the mistakes made with DNR, etc. on Blu-ray Disc releases, they're only going to go to the time, trouble and (let's face it) expense of creating a 4K master if they want it out there exactly as it should look.

I don't believe they'd really go to the trouble of a 4K scan and then let someone 'experiment' with the colour.

Steve W

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks