What's new

Bedknobs & Broomsticks (1971) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

61mF0jR4ESL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It looks like this is the same version as the one linked to in an earlier thread. (Clicking the link here brings me to the B&B page which shows I ordered yesterday.)

Thanks Ron!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This guy claims it's the longer version based on "Disney publicity." Amazon says otherwise. The next few months will be...interesting.EDIT: I called Disney today to exchange my Little Mermaid Blu-rays. When I asked about the running time on Bedknobs, the woman genuinely did not know.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Disney Movie Club now has Bedknobs & Broomsticks along with all the other August 12th releases available for pre-order. This month's promotion is 60% off additional titles. If you opt for the selection of the month double feature they will throw in free shipping as well. I got 6 titles for only $93.65 (about $15.60 each)

BD-BEDKNOBS&BROOMSTICKSW/DVDDC
1 $9.98 $9.98 08/12/14
BD-TARZAN W/DVD+DC
1 $9.98 $9.98
BD-THOR 2: DARK WORLD 3D+BD+DC
1 $13.98 $13.98
BD-ICHABOD&TOAD+FUN&FANCYFREE
1 $11.98 $11.98 08/12/14
BDC-HOCUS POCUS (W/DVD)
1 $8.78 $8.78
BD-MUPPETS MOST WANTED WDVD+DC
1 $24.95 $24.95 08/12/14
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER!
1 $0.00 $0.00
BD-DISNEYNATURE BEARS
1 $14.00 $14.00 08/12/14
SHIPPING & PROCESSING
1 $0.00 $0.00 Item Subtotal: $93.65 TOTAL: $93.65

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
MatthewA said:
Can he also make you a better Blu-ray than the one we're getting?
it isn't going to be 140min version, why would Disney go backwards after the 30th and Enchanted Musical Editions? I just about give up trying to understand why Disney and other studios (cough WB cough) do the things they do to their releases.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I just sent a thank you to Michael Eisner's Twitter for allowing the film to be restored as closely to its original length as possible in the first place.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm never paying one red penny to this company again for any reason until they re-release it with the scenes back in to stay. There have been more posts to the thread I linked to in post #8, saying the deleted-again scenes that never should have been taken out in the first place are in HD. If that is the case, the absence of a seamless branching option is reprehensible.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Disney has ruined this film now, I'm with you Matthew I think this release has strained my relationship with Disney.

WHAT MORON THOUGHT THE 117MIN CUT WAS BEST FOR BLU, I WANT SOMEONE TO FIND HIM/HER AND HAVE THEM DRWAN AND QUARTERED AT DAWN

If they wanted the theatrical cut they should of included the restored version as well, like everyone had mentioned before.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Strained? My relationship with Disney was strained before. Now it's over.

The theatrical cut is a slap in the face.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The ludicrous irony is that they're using the 2001 DVD version of the "Music Magic" featurette that does have Scott MacQueen on it.

Stop playing musical chairs with the scenes in this movie!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Let's go down the list shall we, in just two years Disney has crapped out these releases.

The Sword In Stone 50th - photoshoped blurred beyond any regoniction.

Mary Poppins 50th - not much of a 50th, especially as Disney holds this film is high esteme.

The Rescuers 35th - they didn't even try on that, making it a Double Feature with The Rescuers Down Under, good idea, but would of been better if there were some worthwile features.

And now this film, Disney must hate this film and decided to wash their hands of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks