Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Firefox 29

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 11 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here's an odd one.

So I started my laptop running Windows 7 today and when I fired up my Firefox got an automatic update to Firefox 29. 

Besides figuring out how to deal with the stylistic changes to the new browser (they moved EVERYTHING around!), I also found the following problem.

If I post in any older thread (lets say a couple years old from back in the Huddler days), I write my text and click on "POST" and it looks like nothing happens.  The edit box disappears but my post doesn't appear.  After numerous duplicate posts, I realized that the posts were actually being made but I needed to refresh the browser page for the new posts to appear. 

BTW, if (like me, you are resistant to change) and you want to re-organize your Firefox back to the way it was, you go to "Add-Ons/Extensions" and search for "Classic Theme Restorer."  Add this Add-on and you can put things back. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 3 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,418 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'll never understand why software developers make changes that people are LESS happy with!

#3 of 3 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 14 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'll never understand why software developers make changes that people are LESS happy with!

Job security?  confused-smiley-013.gif

:biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users