-

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Bridge Season 1 (Blu-ray) (DVD)

Fox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,556 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 06:45 AM

img2.jpg

The Bridge Season 1
This gripping crime thriller set on the U.S.-Mexico border has emerged as one of TV’s most acclaimed new shows. When a murder victim is discovered on the bridge connecting El Paso and Juarez, detective Sonya Cross (Diane Kruger) must work with her Mexican counterpart, Marco Ruiz (Demian Bichir), to catch a serial killer terrorizing both sides of the border. But their investigation will uncover shocking secrets and relentless danger that neither of them could possibly have imagined.

Special Features
  Building The Bridge
  Ciudad Juarez: The Other Side of The Bridge with Damien Cave
  Deleted Scenes
  Audio Commentary

The Bridge Season 1 Blu-ray 
Street Date: June 24, 2014
Prebook Date: May 28, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1
Subtitles: English/Spanish/French
U.S. Rating: TV-MA
Total Run Time: 645 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

The Bridge Season 1 DVD 
Street Date: June 24, 2014
Prebook Date: May 28, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English 5.1 DD
Subtitles: English/Spanish/French
U.S. Rating: TV-MA
Total Run Time: 656 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted September 11 2014 - 11:35 AM

Foxconect has this for $16.00 with Promo Code "TUBE" during today's TV Flash Sale:

http://www.foxconnec...-season-71.html

Everybody should buy Season One of The Bridge for $16.00. Here's why:

This is basically the only Fox TV Blu-ray left that is NOT released on Blu-ray in either Germany or Japan by Fox. In Germany, Fox released the series on DVD only, and in Japan, the series is released by SPO on DVD only. It has also been released by Fox in Australia, Italy and Spain on DVD only as well.

This makes the chances of any future seasons on BD very slim. Look at the other Fox/FX shows that Fox stopped releasing on BD. The exceptions, like American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy have been released in multiple countries on Blu-ray, including Germany, so the international discs help subsidize each other. I did not realize it before, but so far, The Bridge has only been released on Blu-ray in the US and Canada. Fox has cancelled future Blu-rays other shows with the same limited Blu-ray release, like Bones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie and Modern Family. Season 5 of Glee is up in the air on Blu-ray for the US--the pre-order is there, but we don't know if it will come, and it's seemingly cancelled in the UK. All of the cancellations mentioned above were this year.

The fact that The Bridge has been discounted so heavily so soon after release is also a disturbing sign. Ten weeks after release, a multi-disc Blu-ray TV season is being offered for more than 73% off its $59.99 MSRP.

So if you want to ensure more seasons of The Bridge (and other series) are released on BD from Fox, my advice is to buy Season One now and show support. I am buying it, and I have a prejudice against it, because I so enjoy the original Nordic version. But I will view it on the Blu-ray release.

#3 of 4 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,782 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 11 2014 - 12:10 PM

This makes the chances of any future seasons on BD very slim. Look at the other Fox/FX shows that Fox stopped releasing on BD. The exceptions, like American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy have been released in multiple countries on Blu-ray, including Germany, so the international discs help subsidize each other.

In a similar vein, Fox's Blu-ray TV releases are so infrequent that I wasn't even completely confident that they'd release 24: Live Another Day on Blu-ray. An announcement is still some time off but given how they've dropped basically all comedies on Blu-ray, I won't be that surprised if Fox doesn't release The Simpsons on Blu-ray this year.

#4 of 4 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted September 11 2014 - 03:27 PM

In a similar vein, Fox's Blu-ray TV releases are so infrequent that I wasn't even completely confident that they'd release 24: Live Another Day on Blu-ray. An announcement is still some time off but given how they've dropped basically all comedies on Blu-ray, I won't be that surprised if Fox doesn't release The Simpsons on Blu-ray this year.

New 24 will always be a lock for Blu-ray because of its strong international appeal. It is probably the lone Fox series that is released on Blu-ray in every major market in Western Europe and Japan combined.

• TravisR likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users