What's new

How to display from one tv to another. (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
As I have stated before I only have one cable box in my bedroom and reg cable in the living room. There are some cases like last night where I need to use the cable box in the living room. I ordered the ufc fight but only way to do it is on the cable box and i had people over so we needed to be in living room. i used a 25ft hdmi cable to run from bedroom cable box to tv in living room. it worked fine no problems at all i was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it. I know along time ago when i was smaller my dad had something set up in mine and my brothers room to where he could watch tv in his room and even control it while the satilite box was in my room.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well your thread title isn't helping your cause...as that isn't what you are actually wanting.You need an HDMI splitter, or...Run component/analog to the TV with the STB and run the HDMI like you already have and just tidy it up.Snags that might be possible...Many cable STB can't use the component at the same time as HDMI. If this were DirecTV/Dish, all of their STB can do both at the same time.Tidying it up...Hide the HDMI inside the floor molding(permission from the landlord).Convert the HDMI to Cat5e/6 using baluns. Cat is easier to hide.Wireless HDMI with or without a HDMI splitter(depends if you want HDMI to both...or if your STB can't do component/HDMI together).

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i dont really need it all the time but more less if people are over for something i ordered off ppv. i may just use hdmi cord and tidy up and just hook up when need be.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The "control" can be done as well. If this were DirecTV, this is already on board...Get a Next Generation for the STB remote.(and yes, the brand is Next Generation)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
ill take a look at them im already using a logitech hamony one of the cheaper 80 dollar ones.

jwh92020

Grip
Real Name
John Hiser
I've been using an Iogear GW3DHDKIt (wireless HDMI) unit for a while. It sends an HDMI signal through walls from a base unit to a receiver. I have the transmitter wired from my Dish Network Hopper and the receiver is connected to a TV in the garage. The distance is about 70 feet. I've had no problems with it, but I only use it for TV, not gaming, so I can't comment on that aspect. It costs about $180 on Amazon. For me, it's worth the money - another Tv connected bit o extra wires.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
that may work. i wish i could check it out before dropping 180 bucks on something like that

jwh92020

Grip
Real Name
John Hiser
I understand about the $. The good thing about getting it from Amazon is that if it doesn't work for you, you can return it with no problem. I can also attest to the usability of the Next Gen remote extender. I have 2, one for in the house and one for the outdoor theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks