Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

TV (HDMI) To HD Box (DVI) but NOT Getting Sound

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   dfly

• 2 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hi.  I am trying to connect my TV (HDMI) To HD Box (DVI).  The picture is perfect, but I'm not getting any sound.  I have attached pictures.  Does anyone know how I can get sound?  Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,506 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 27 2014 - 07:21 AM

In the owners manual of the TV it should have instructions for this.DVI never carried audio.Your pics, for me(on a phone), don't work.Essentially...you have to run a stereo analog cable over to the TV. There are instructions to that. (If not in the OM, call the manufacturer of the TV).

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,362 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 28 2014 - 11:15 AM

It looks like you have a dedicated 1/8" stereo jack on the back of your TV for the PC/DVI input. Go get a stereo RCA to 1/8" stereo jack adapter (if you want to be really cheap, these things are available at nearly every dollar store in North America). Plug the 1/8" plug into the back of your TV, then plug the RCA cables into the jacks on the adapter. Problem solved.

This is even more elegant as solutions go: http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Posted Image

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   dfly

• 2 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 02:46 PM

Thanks worked like a charm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users