Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like Disney intends to get their remaining Animated features on Blu real soon...

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 of 127 bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted July 14 2014 - 11:37 AM

I politely disagree about Song of the South. I saw it on the big screen, own the Japanese LD, and find it to be much more than "it's nothing great."

• MatthewA likes this

#122 of 127 Gary16

Gary16

Second Unit

• 368 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 11:56 AM

I politely disagree about Song of the South. I saw it on the big screen, own the Japanese LD, and find it to be much more than "it's nothing great."

Definitely agree!

#123 of 127 atfree

atfree

Second Unit

• 316 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted July 14 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yep.....it's definitely "of its time" but it is definitely a classic Disney film. As for why Disney persists in not releasing it, that too is "of its time". In a time when a celebrity can say that they "maybe" said something years ago and lose their entire business, no way Disney will release this now. Maybe never.....

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#124 of 127 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,097 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted July 14 2014 - 12:21 PM

Ron, that opinion is definitely not going to fly among Disney fans. Song of the South is damn fine entertainment.

• atfree likes this

#125 of 127 Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 305 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 01:56 PM

Speaking of Disney , now it's their titles disappearing from Amazon just like Warner's did last month. Hhmmmm.

#126 of 127 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 5,991 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 14 2014 - 02:31 PM

Speaking of Disney , now it's their titles disappearing from Amazon just like Warner's did last month. Hhmmmm.

Which ones? I checked the preorders for Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Toy Story of Terror and they're still there.

Enough is enough, Disney. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray.

My DVD/BD List at DVD Aficionado

#127 of 127 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 14 2014 - 02:35 PM

All I remember of "Song of the South" is from when I saw it on TV as a small child and a scene where Bobby Driscoll gets tangled in an old wire fence???

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users