Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Elvis: That's The Way It Is (SE) & Viva Las Vegas (Digibook)

Warner BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 24 2014 - 03:55 PM

It takes very little effort on Paramount's part to have Warner repress the finished disc image of their previous DVD releases. Paramount preparing and handing over new HD remastered for Blu-ray release is an entirely different matter. Apples/Oranges and so forth.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

But the Elvis films have been consistant good sellers going all the way back to Beta. Don't you think WB will eventually remaster them in HD?

#42 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 24 2014 - 03:58 PM

Nice covers.

#43 of 53 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted April 24 2014 - 04:00 PM

But the Elvis films have been consistant good sellers going all the way back to Beta. Don't you think WB will eventually remaster them in HD?

I have watched HD streams on G.I. Blues, Tickle Me, It Happened At The World's Fair, Girl Happy, and Kid Galahad.  There are other titles available on streaming too.  The MGM DVDs that Warner has out look like downconverts from HD.  I believe plenty of titles are Blu-ray ready.  It's just a matter of getting them to do it.

#44 of 53 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 24 2014 - 04:16 PM

Nice covers.

Oh yes, I much prefer this cover of "Viva Las Vegas" to the original Blu cover.  Almost makes me want to double-dip, but I doubt I'll jump.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#45 of 53 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,251 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 09:40 AM

Remastered Elvis: That’s the Way It Is Set for Special Screening August 16 at Orpheum Theatre in Memphis during Elvis Week followed by a Limited Theatrical Engagement

Burbank, Calif., July 14, 2014 – To celebrate Elvis Week, the historic Orpheum Theatre in downtown Memphis will host the world premiere of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s newly-remastered Elvis: That’s The Way It Is on August 16.

This year’s Elvis Week will be held from August 9-August 17 at Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis.  Fans who attend the Elvis That’s The Way It Is screening will be treated to the newly remastered film along with extras such as rehearsal and actual performance footage that were not included when last shown as a feature film. Audiences will also get to experience a special performance by Elvis’ Imperials members Joe Moscheo and Terry Blackwood, along with Darrell Toney and Lynn Royce Taylor.* This will be a special farewell performance by Moscheo who recently retired from the group. Fans can also view "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is" related artifacts direct from the Graceland archives that will be on display in the lobby. This event will be hosted by Tom Brown, Vice President of Original Productions for Turner Classic Movies (TCM).

Tickets are available for purchase viaTicketmaster.com, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000, at any Ticketmaster outlet or at the Orpheum box office. For more information on this or other Elvis Week events, visit Graceland.com.

Additionally the newly-remastered Elvis: That’s The Way It Is will be shown in almost 300 theaters around the U.S. for a limited engagement. Fans unable to attend the Elvis Week world premiere will still have a chance to see Elvis on the big screen and enjoy an inside look at a cultural icon often labeled the “King” of rock ‘n’ roll. The documentary depicts Elvis as a master showman, following him as he prepares for his big opening-night performance in Las Vegas. Information including a list of dates and locations can be found at www.Graceland.com/events.

Elvis Aaron Presley

(1935 – 1977)

Elvis Presley was one of Hollywood’s top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically-released concert documentaries over the course of his career. His music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits. It is estimated that Elvis has sold over a billion records worldwide, more records than any other artist in record industry history, and even 30 years after his death, Elvis still conquers new legions of fans as even compilations of his RCA recordings, such as “Elvis 30 #1 Hits” and “Elvis 2nd to None,” have both topped the Billboard charts of best-selling albums. 

More biographical information is available at the official Elvis Presley Web site, www.elvis.com.

New from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on August 12, 2014

Elvis: That’s The Way It Is - Two Disc Special Edition, which was re-edited and remixed for its acclaimed release in 2001, will now debut on Blu-ray™ as a Premium Digibook. 

• Disc 1(BD) contains the 2001 Special Edition, newly remastered with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack and Special Features.
  • Disc 2 (DVD) contains the 1970 Original Theatrical Version and Special Features. 

In celebration of its 50th Anniversary Viva Las Vegas will also be offered as a Premium Blu-ray Digibook. These Premium Digibooks include rare behind-the-scene photos and are available for $27.98 each (SRP).

*Performance appearances subject to change.

Academy Awards® and Oscar® are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#46 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted July 15 2014 - 08:29 AM

I've just checked this out , and found 4 theaters near me in NJ that will be showing this during August. I'll be going to see it , kind of re-living seeing it in NYC in a theater on Broadway in December 1970. Incidentally Sony will be releasing a 6 CD /2 DVD  box set in August commemorating  Elvis That's The Way It Is . You'll have to buy the Blu-ray separately though.

#47 of 53 OFFLINE   bronson

bronson

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 10:35 AM

I've just checked this out , and found 4 theaters near me in NJ that will be showing this during August. I'll be going to see it , kind of re-living seeing it in NYC in a theater on Broadway in December 1970. Incidentally Sony will be releasing a 6 CD /2 DVD  box set in August commemorating  Elvis That's The Way It Is . You'll have to buy the Blu-ray separately though.

Didn´t you see Elvis in New York in concert back in 1972 or are you too young:-)? He gave 4 concerts there.....

#48 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted July 15 2014 - 01:25 PM

Didn´t you see Elvis in New York in concert back in 1972 or are you too young:-)? He gave 4 concerts there.....

Yes I saw Elvis at Madison Square Garden  in June of 1972  although I didn't have particularly good seats . I actually went to the Saturday show  - the one that became the LP. I saw Elvis on Tour in the theaters the same year , but went to see it again in 2010 when it played for a couple of days in Theaters . Hence my interest in seeing ETTWII  this coming August. Also, I've never seen ETTWII- The Special Edition on the big screen, although I saw the original edit in a theater in 1970.

• Bob Furmanek likes this

#49 of 53 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,221 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 01:32 PM

Oh boy. Deluxe box set (8CD/2DVD) has all this:

CD1 ‘That's The Way It Is’ - Original Album
CD2 August 10 Opening Show - (FTD One Night in Vs)
CD3 August 11 DS - Unreleased
CD4 August 11 MS - (BMG Live In Las Vegas box-set)
CD5 August 12 DS - Unreleased
CD6 August 12 MS - (BMG 30th Anniv box-set)
CD7 August 13 DS - (FTD The Wonder Of You)
CD8 Rehearsals - (BMG 30th Anniv box-set)
DVD1 Original theatrical version
DVD2 The re-edited and extended DVD version

But. No BD. :(

#50 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted July 15 2014 - 02:22 PM

Since I'm a mega Elvis fan , I'll eventually be getting the CD/DVD set PLUS  the Blu-ray .

#51 of 53 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,575 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 10:48 PM

I was there opening night in the fifth row, just a few seats to the right of center stage. It was my first concert and he was about 20 feet away. I'll never forget it.

When he walked on stage, the roar of the crowd was deafening. The thousands of flashbulbs created a strobe effect and his stage presence was electrifying!

Here's my ticket stub.

Elvis.jpg

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

#52 of 53 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,251 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 10:53 PM

^^^^

Oh, is that so cool!

• Bob Furmanek likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#53 of 53 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:41 PM

Elvis That's the Way It Is Sp. Ed. played in movie theaters this past Sunday. It will be back again tomorrow for  two showings . This is sort of a promotion for the Blu-ray and 10 CD box set releases. I saw it in New York City , and enjoyed seeing it on a big screen quite a bit . Quality was good . Any one else see it? . Any comments?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users