What's new

Audio OTA thru Sony HTiB (1 Viewer)

Greg Tate

Auditioning
OTA transmission comes through TV speakers without a problem. When I switch to external speakers the sound periodically becomes garbled or cuts out completely. The quick fix is to simply change channels back and forth but that's not a real fix. The Sony TV isn't equipped with ARC HDMI so I have to use an optical connection. If it helps I have a Sony KDL-46BX450 tv and Sony BDV-E385 HTiB. Could it be some kind of interference? I have a similar Sony system in another room connected to the same antenna and it hasn't any problems. When I had satellite there wasn't any problems with audio. I did ask a Sony tech from their website and all he could suggest was to try a different optical cable. Any ideas?

Greg Tate

Auditioning
OK (sorry so late getting back). I'm using a different cable and I can say that it doesn't cut out as much. My problem might very well be there. But before I get another optical cable, is there something specific about a cable I should be looking for?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
One that doesn't suck.I've bought 75 cent optical and $10 optical. I even bought one that glowed for $25...because it glowed.If you are having problems, try an actual S/PDIF cable...instead of Toslink.Those are round, not "square house". It still fits...and nobody makes crappy S/PDIF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks