What's new

International Pork Chop Hill Blu-ray from Sweden (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I viewed the BD in its entirety and it looked very good. It was much better than I was anticipating as it's clearly derived from MGM/UA film elements. The aspect ratio is 1.85 with no english subtitles or bonus material. It's Region B and pricey, but it's an all-time favorite film of mine that I would spend a mint on getting it in 1080p with its OAR intact.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No fans of Pork Chop Hill? I think it's a very good film. What a cast.

Gregory Peck
Rip Torn
George Peppard
Harry Guardino
James Edwards
Woody Strode
Robert Blake
Norman Fell
Martin Landau
Gavin MacLeod
Dean Stanton
George Shibata
Bob Steele

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Robert Crawford said:
No fans of Pork Chop Hill? I think it's a very good film. What a cast.

Gregory Peck
Rip Torn
George Peppard
Harry Guardino
James Edwards
Woody Strode
Robert Blake
Norman Fell
Martin Landau
Gavin MacLeod
Dean Stanton
George Shibata
Bob Steele
I haven't seen this film for about 25 years but I did think it was quite good. I will be ordering the new BRD within the next few days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I forgot to mention that this film is based on an actual battle during the Korean War. I have the book that S.L.A. Marshall wrote in which the film is derived from.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
It is indeed a very good film. First saw it in 1959, too young to appreciate its grim message. When seen as an adult, I was astonished at its grittiness, great acting, and the fact that there is ambiguity in it; nothing is simple. Of course, by then I knew that Milestone had directed 3 great films about 3 different wars: All Quiet on the Western Front; A Walk in the Sun; and Pork Chop Hill.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
bujaki said:
It is indeed a very good film. First saw it in 1959, too young to appreciate its grim message. When seen as an adult, I was astonished at its grittiness, great acting, and the fact that there is ambiguity in it; nothing is simple. Of course, by then I knew that Milestone had directed 3 great films about 3 different wars: All Quiet on the Western Front; A Walk in the Sun; and Pork Chop Hill.
Another very underrated film that is one of the best war films ever made with an excellent cast of actors from top to bottom.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd not heard of this movie.

Have done some researching...ordered.

Not sure if there is a difference...I ordered French...of which there are two. I bought the "newer" one where he isn't pointing on the cover.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Robert Crawford said:
I forgot to mention that this film is based on an actual battle during the Korean War. I have the book that S.L.A. Marshall wrote in which the film is derived from.
The Vice Principal at my high school was one of the real soldiers portrayed in the film.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
schan1269 said:
Just realized that is Swede as well.Other than the DVD(Don't care about extras)...is the film content the same?Not being cheap...I never care for extras.
I don't know, but I do know there are BD releases out there with the wrong OAR. There are no extras except a BD/DVD combo. I don't know if you can remove the subtitles on the French BD.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Minor correction. The "Swedish" BD+DVD combo has actually been released in Scandinavia, meaning also in Finland, Denmark and Norway. That's usually the case when those subtitles are included.The price is also very cheap in Scandinavia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks