Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: Scanners (Dual Format)

Criterion BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd

Screenwriter

• 1,716 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm wondering which trailer they will include - there was a short green-band teaser with clips from the film, and a longer red-band version which was essentially just the classic scene of the bald guy pulling a scanner from the room and getting, as Big Jim and Billy Sol on SCTV would say, "his head blow'd up real good". I'd love to have both.

I distinctly remember going to the movies with my brother and Dad when I was a child. I don't remember what the film was, but it would have been some sort of family film. I don't remember the movie, but I sure as heck remember that red band trailer for Scanners they showed before it. Pure nightmare fuel.

Sometimes I really miss the days when trailers weren't attached to a particular movie. Theaters just showed whatever they had lying around.

---------------------------------------------
Support Film Preservation before it's too late!
---------------------------------------------

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,680 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 02:34 PM

I made a blind buy of this on DVD when I first went away to college -- and somehow never watched it.

Would still like to see the movie, but probably won't blind buy it again, I figure if I haven't gotten to it in over a decade of having it on my shelf, the urgency probably isn't gonna happen anytime soon.  But glad there's an HD version I can at least rent one of these days.

What's with the separate BD/DVD combo and DVD releases?  I thought Criterion announced they were going all combo pack, with no more individual format releases?

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,167 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:46 PM

The MGM dvd had both trailers IIRC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Criterion, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users