Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: Scanners (Dual Format)

Criterion BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd

Screenwriter

• 1,688 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm wondering which trailer they will include - there was a short green-band teaser with clips from the film, and a longer red-band version which was essentially just the classic scene of the bald guy pulling a scanner from the room and getting, as Big Jim and Billy Sol on SCTV would say, "his head blow'd up real good". I'd love to have both.

I distinctly remember going to the movies with my brother and Dad when I was a child. I don't remember what the film was, but it would have been some sort of family film. I don't remember the movie, but I sure as heck remember that red band trailer for Scanners they showed before it. Pure nightmare fuel.

Sometimes I really miss the days when trailers weren't attached to a particular movie. Theaters just showed whatever they had lying around.

---------------------------------------------
Support Film Preservation before it's too late!
---------------------------------------------

#22 of 23 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 02:34 PM

I made a blind buy of this on DVD when I first went away to college -- and somehow never watched it.

Would still like to see the movie, but probably won't blind buy it again, I figure if I haven't gotten to it in over a decade of having it on my shelf, the urgency probably isn't gonna happen anytime soon.  But glad there's an HD version I can at least rent one of these days.

What's with the separate BD/DVD combo and DVD releases?  I thought Criterion announced they were going all combo pack, with no more individual format releases?

#23 of 23 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 1,973 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:46 PM

The MGM dvd had both trailers IIRC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users