What's new

How To connect samsung bluray player To sony home theater system (1 Viewer)

RDJr

Auditioning
Real Name
Nishant
Hi
I need help in connecting Samsung BD-D5300 Blu-ray Disc Player To Sony DAV-DZ640K DVD home theater system.

MY TV doesn't have HDMI ports. it only has RCA (RED White Yellow) port.

i need to play Blu-ray files from Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player and audio from my home theater system.

http://www.sony.co.in/product/dav-dz640k
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-D5300/ZA

I have also observed that while playing AC3 5.1 audio files Dialogue Volume is too low...
it's so frustrating
Please help

thank you.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
It looks like your BR player has a standard video out. Hook up the yellow RCA between the TV and the BR player. Now use the optical out on the BRP to connect into your Sony for sound. That is about the only way that I can think to make it work.

RDJr

Auditioning
Real Name
Nishant
thanks for replying...

samsung BR Player has optical out but my sony dvd Home theater doesn't have any optical In port

it only has RED White Yellow ports
here is pic of my players.. the one on top is samsung BR player...

20140415_211335.jpg

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I was going off of the manual that was linked when I suggested to use the optical cable. Now that the pic is up Schan has given you the best advice.

RDJr

Auditioning
Real Name
Nishant
its working...
but audio is low...
Dialogue Volume is too low... at full volume dialogues are audible but... when action scene comes its too too too loud...

thanks for all utr help... i really appreciate

thank you..

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
A lot of low power HTiB have issues trying to do both clear dialog and "action".Real AVR based systems don't need to use DRC like HTiB does.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is possible the DRC only works digitally. HTiB have no features(That work as advertised) and everything has moved on to digital.Would not be shocked if DRC doesn't work analog out on the BD player. And willing to bet DRC only works on the HTiB if itself is spinning a disc.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Have you tried to adjust the levels of your speakers? I looked at the manual you linked and you can adjust the level +/- 6db on all the speakers on that unit. Maybe you should try to up the level of the center. Have you checked the sound mode you're using? That can also make a difference in the way it sounds. The manual references 6 different sound modes to choose from. One of the modes is "clear voice" this should make dialogue easier to hear.

RDJr

Auditioning
Real Name
Nishant
yes..
i have already kept volume leve to +6
and same thing happens with clear voice sound mode.. :(
is it because i dont have HDMI cables ???

and this is happening only with 5.1 channel audio not with 2 channel.. 2 channel audio sounds perfect...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No. It because of HTiB. Buy a real AVR (there is, was??, a Denon on A4L for $100) and a 5.1 speaker set.There is a Yamaha set on Amazon that has hit $120. Parts Express/Dayton has their "no name" Energy Take for barely more.$400(At most) and you won't have these problems anymore...and you have the beginning of an entertainment system that can grow with your needs.

Squashy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Josh
Schan has really given you above and beyond the best advice. And as far as i remember drc only works digitally just like he said as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks