-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice please !

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 davecash77

davecash77

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:41 PM

I just purchased a new LG-47GA6400 47" smart 3D TV and I plugged the headphone jack into my Bose wave radio and it sounded decent but that radio no longer works so I would like to get a surround sound or something with 4 speakers. I do not want to be blasted out of the room just something that will sound good watching a movie.Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get that does not cost a lot and my unit does have A.R.C if that matters..

Here are the specs if it helps...Thanks

http://www.lg.com/us...47GA6400-led-tv

#2 of 7 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:36 AM

What's your budget?  

Also, any reason for the four speaker?  Its an unusual number.  Or maybe a better way to ask that is, where do you plan to place the speakers?

And finally, have you considered a soundbar?  We prefer full speaker systems, but if you were using a Wave radio,a soundbar might be the appropriate upgrade path.

#3 of 7 ArmSC

ArmSC

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts
  • LocationCoastal SC

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:59 AM

Sounds like a soundbar or sound base (zevox, bose solo, ect) might be something for you.  I have some experience with the Bose solo.  It's a very easy to setup unit but really lacks in the bass area.  However, the vocals are very clear and is not overwhelming like some systems can be.

#4 of 7 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,286 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 15 2014 - 07:13 AM

Maybe he remembers surround...pre-center...

Or he typo'd. Or he wants "doubled stereo".

Let us know a budget. Yamaha, Boston Acoustics and Bowers & Wilikins(amongst too many others to type) make 2.1 to 7.1 soundbars from $200 to $2000.

An audio system can be bought for around $250(real AVR and 5.1 sat) to into $1,000,000.

#5 of 7 davecash77

davecash77

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:33 AM

Sound bar would be ok...Do not really need 4 speakers but i only want tospend at most $200..

Thank you guys for the responses...

I only paid $395 for the TV,,i think i got a great deal it was brand new but had like a dime shaped shadowing on the screen and to be honest i cant even see it..

#6 of 7 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:27 PM

I like the Yamaha's.  This one comes with a sub, without a sub, and can be purchased refurbished: 

http://www.amazon.co...words=sound bar

They are also often on sale at both Amazon and Costco.

#7 of 7 ArmSC

ArmSC

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts
  • LocationCoastal SC

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:39 PM

Soundbar - I set this one up at my GF's house because I hated the TV audio.  For the price it's a solid little performer.  It won't rattle the walls but it will enhance the sound of any TV or movie you're watching.  It's not full surround but for your budget it's certainly worth a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users