What's new

Californication Season 7 (Final Season) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres tonight on Showtime. No idea where Hank goes considering how last season ended, which I thought was a series finale then

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think the show has definitely slipped and I really hope they can pull it together for this last season and not pull a Dexter. Still really like the characters however which is why I've stuck with the series. Mercedes Masohn is going to be guest starring this season, so that's a plus. :)

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, the opening moments were completely predictable (we've seen that sort of misdirect many times before on the show) but I did like the final revelation of the episode and seeing Runkle again reminded me just how much I love Evan Handler in this role.

I've pretty much enjoyed Michael Imperioli in everything he has been in and I'm curious to see where his character goes this season and how his relationship with Hank develops.

- Walter.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have no idea what's going on with this show. I have this strange feeling I may have missed Season 6 completely somehow. I read some of the plots of episodes from 2013 and I have no memory of it at all. Season 5 I do remember.Did one season end with him literally driving into the sunset in his Porsche? If so was that Season 5 or 6 or am I'm totally messed up.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Season 6 dealt with Hank's relationships with the rock musician Atticus Fetch (Tim Minchin) and his "muse" Faith (Maggie Grace). It was pretty much a rock and roll season with Hank and Runkle hanging out with Atticus and Faith. Marilyn Manson appeared as himself in a few episodes. The season ended with Hank standing in front of Karen's door after leaving the tour.

Season 5 involved Hank's work on a film by Samurai Apocalypse (RZA). The season ends with Hank being drugged by his ex from New York, Carrie. She planned a murder / suicide involving a drug overdose for Hank and herself. Hank hallucinates an image of Karen before passing out.

- Walter.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I'm in the same boat. I may have saw the resolution of the S5 cliffhanger, but I just can't remember Atticus/Faith storyline so I'm pretty sure I missed the entire 6th season.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize my DirecTV had free VOD for this series so I just did a major catchup of Season 6 and the first 2 episodes of Season 7. I definitely missed the entire S6 other than Episode 1 rather than just forgetting it.The whole Faith/Muse didn't quite play out like I expected it might, but overall pretty entertaining season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
All things considered that wasn't a bad way to end the series. About as much of a happy ending as one could expect for this show. The show had dropped off over the past few years, but I still really enjoy the characters, if not the story lines. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like Showtime hangs onto their shows too long. Way, way, way better than the finale of Dexter.

Other random thoughts:

I really wish that Mercedes Masohn had more screen time this season, but oh well.

It was almost kind of sad (for me) to see Blackie setting there all alone and unappreciated in the final shot. (I assume Hank still names his Porsches 'Blackie'.)

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks