What's new

Paper Moon on blu-ray, is it soon? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I was surprised to see At Long Last Love make it to blu-ray before Paper Moon. It seems Bogdanovich is getting his work out on blu-ray and this is one of his best and probably most popular works. My parents took me to see this at a drive-in back when I was about 6 or 7 years old. It remains one of my most memorable nights out at the movies. I've read rumors this is coming to blu-ray with even Criterion being a possible landing spot for it. Anybody round these parts have any interest in this one or further rumors to spread about it coming to blu?

Paper Moon.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd love to see this wonderful movie on Blu-ray. It certainly deserves time and care to bring it out in its best possible condition.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is a great film.

I would *hope* it is part of the distribution deal that Warner made with Paramount.

If that's the case, I think we may see it sooner than later.

Just remember that this distribution deal has already brought quite a few popular
Paramount titles to Blu-ray. I don't expect that to stop any time soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. Shortest Oscar acceptance speech...ever.

Could cut at least an hour off the show if everyone
accepted their awards as such. :P

Thanks for the clip. Loved seeing Linda Blair fresh
off her stint excising pea soup.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ronald Epstein said:
Wow. Shortest Oscar acceptance speech...ever.

Could cut at least an hour off the show if everyone
accepted their awards as such. :P
Not only that, but a nice, simple stage appropriate to the giving of awards, without ridiculous movie-sized special effects going on...

And a real orchestra pit -- in view -- IN THE SAME BUILDING AS THE PROCEEDINGS? Just imagine!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Thanks, Ron, and I hope you are right that we see this one soon on blu. I read something about it supposedly coming in 2015 but I can't remember where I saw that and I don't recall who they said might be releasing it.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
I'd love a Paper Moon Blu-Ray. Targets as well, though that has been released on DVD only through Warner Archive.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Mark-P:
My wife and I both act and she uses that Trixie clip as one of her monologues!

HarleyDog

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis Haney
Love, love, LOVE this movie. Madeline Kahn at her very best.

"Tell 'em 'bout the time that man tried to crack your head open with a beer bottle, Miss Trixie."

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Kahn is awesome in this and in my opinion she should have taken home the Academy Award over Tatum but those are the breaks and I guess hard for them not to fall for the cute kid. Still, both performances are wonderful and never grow old.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
Matt Hough said:
Tatum should have been in the lead actress category. Her role is the female lead in the movie.
It is very common in the Academy to have new, young actors placed in the Supporting Role categories, regardless of the actual status of the role they played in the film. I think the idea is that they have a better chance of winning an Oscar in the Supporting Role category, instead of in the Leading Role category where they'll be up against established stars and legends. Another notable lead actor who won an Oscar in the Supporting Role category was Timothy Hutton, for Ordinary People.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Matt Hough said:
Tatum should have been in the lead actress category. Her role is the female lead in the movie.
Same with Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People. They had an unfair advantage being put in the supporting category. On the flip side, Olivia de Havilland said she did not begrudge losing to Hattie McDaniel in Gone With the Wind because Hattie deserved the Supporting Actress win and Olivia should have been in the Lead Actress category.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Another film from Mr. Bogdanovich that I would love to see on blu-ray is Saint Jack. Not sure who would handle releasing that though...

saint jack poster.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Reggie W said:
Another film from Mr. Bogdanovich that I would love to see on blu-ray is Saint Jack. Not sure who would handle releasing that though...
I'm not sure either but I too would love to have this film on BRD. Much underrated and with a late cameo appearance from George Lazenby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks