Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paper Moon on blu-ray, is it soon?

Paramount Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 of 36 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,317 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted April 22 2014 - 09:09 AM

I saw Paper Moon for the first time while sitting in my father's lap.  You just don't forget those times.  It's my favorite comedy of all time. 

I'd pay just about anything for a good blu ray of it.  All that 4K stuff and all.  And by the way, I gave you a $50!  Look in the register honey, it's a mistake anybody could make.  There it is, says Happy Birthday to My Favorite Radioman right there!   :P

*runs out of the store with my blu ray of Paper Moon*

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#22 of 36 OFFLINE   Reggie W

Reggie W

Screenwriter

• 1,186 posts
  • LocationPallookaville, USA

Posted July 09 2014 - 04:07 PM

Seems a lot of people are waiting for it...

#23 of 36 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,367 posts

Posted March 17 2015 - 11:14 AM

U.K. Release May 18th

http://www.amazon.co...er moon blu-ray

https://www.eurekavi.../moc/paper-moon

A United States release might not be too far behind.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#24 of 36 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted March 17 2015 - 01:33 PM

127630_large.jpg                        Region B of Course

#25 of 36 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,381 posts

Posted March 17 2015 - 04:18 PM

I believe the Scorpion label has Saint Jack. A Eureka MOC release of Paper Moon might augur a Criterion release here.

#26 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,948 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 17 2015 - 07:00 PM

Count me in for a Region A Blu of Paper Moon. 

If Criterion were to be the company to release it?  Hell, yeah.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#27 of 36 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,938 posts

Posted March 17 2015 - 07:51 PM

Count me in for a Region A Blu of Paper Moon. 

If Criterion were to be the company to release it?  Hell, yeah.

With Criterion breaking up their BBS box (by releasing Five Easy Pieces), it does leave The Last Picture Show as a possible re-release.

They could do like they did with the Shawn-Gregory set (a mix of upgrade and new).

Create a Bogdanovich black-and-white set -

The Last Picture Show,

Paper Moon,

Nickelodeon (which has been shown both in color and b&w).

#28 of 36 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,220 posts

Posted March 18 2015 - 01:45 AM

I believe the Scorpion label has Saint Jack.

How definite is that? Saint Jack is a film I really want on disc. I'm still making do with a DVD-R transferred from VHS!

#29 of 36 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,317 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted March 18 2015 - 02:36 AM

Keep your sunny side UP! 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#30 of 36 OFFLINE   Reggie W

Reggie W

Screenwriter

• 1,186 posts
  • LocationPallookaville, USA

Posted March 18 2015 - 03:19 AM

Wow, great news. I will probably get this region B release unless there is an announcement of a US release. Criterion would be a perfect landing spot for this film. 

#31 of 36 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,381 posts

Posted March 18 2015 - 04:00 AM

Scorpion has said it has Saint Jack, but when it may be released I couldn't say. It was on DVD ages ago but needs an upgrade.

#32 of 36 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,367 posts

Posted March 18 2015 - 07:49 AM

What the hell is Scorpion...of all companies....doing with this film?!

I may just buy the import.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#33 of 36 OFFLINE   WilliamMcK

WilliamMcK

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted March 18 2015 - 09:28 AM

I think I'll do everyone a favor and buy the Region B MOC... because every time I do, as soon as it arrives, Criterion announces *their* release!  ;)

#34 of 36 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,624 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 18 2015 - 09:39 AM

Scorpion has said it has the film, but when it may be released I couldn't say. It was on DVD ages ago but needs an upgrade.

Maybe Scorpion worked out their own licensing deal with Paramount? If so, that would be promising.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#35 of 36 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,381 posts

Posted March 18 2015 - 01:28 PM

No, no, Scorpion has Saint Jack, which was also mentioned in the thread.

#36 of 36 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,624 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 18 2015 - 01:41 PM

No, no, Scorpion has Saint Jack, which was also mentioned in the thread.

That makes more sense.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users