What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-15-2014 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Posted Image

The Features

gallery_286742_24_8177.jpg

– Judi Dench & Steve Coogan (Philomena – 2013)

gallery_286742_24_136328.jpg

– Double Indemnity – 1944

gallery_286742_24_68125.jpg

– Ben Stiller & Kristen Wiig (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – 2013)

gallery_286742_24_28882.jpg

– Men In War – 1957

gallery_286742_24_2294.jpg

– Nut Job – 2014

gallery_286742_24_358841.jpg

– Ride Along – 2014

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs AmazonBestBuyTarget
Anger Management: Volume Three
Angry Birds Toons: Season One, Volume Two
Better Living Through Chemistry
The Beverly Hillbillies: The Official Fourth Season
Black Nativity
Boys of Abu Ghraib
Camp Dread
Confession of Murder
Copperhead
Date and Switch
Flowers in the Attic
The Gabby Douglas Story
Great Expectations
In the Name Of...
The Making of a Lady
Men in War
Mobius
The Nut Job
$18.99​
$17.99​
Petticoat Junction: The Official Third Season
Philomena
$14.99​
$14.99​
The Practice: The Final Season
Ride Along
$17.99​
$17.99​
Ripper Street: Season Two
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
$15.99​
$14.99​
Sleep My Love [1948]
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays AmazonBestBuyTarget
Anger Management: Volume Three
Angry Birds Toons: Season One, Volume Two
Better Living Through Chemistry
Black Nativity
Breaking the Waves [Dual Format Criterion Collection]
Confession of Murder
Copperhead
Date and Switch
Double Indemnity 70th Anniversary Limited Edition
Farscape: Season 4
Great Expectations
The Invisible Woman
The Making of a Lady
Mallrats
Men in War
Mobius
Nut Job, The
$22.99​
$22.99​
The Nut Job [3D Combo Pack]
$29.99​
Philomena
$16.99​
$19.99​
Reality Bites [20th Anniversary Edition]
Ride Along
$19.99​
$22.99​
Ripper Street: Season Two
Rock Star
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
$19.99​
$19.99​
Sleep My Love
Touch of Evil Limited Edition

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--At Best Buy, this week, SAVE $5, instantly, with the purchase of BOTH Philomena AND August: Osage County (in any format). Philomena: $14.99 DVD/$16.99 Blu. August: Osage County: $17.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Best Buy also has a 50% OFF SALE on select 3-D titles. Markdowns taken from regular prices. Titles shown in the flyer are: Despicable Me 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Rio, Avatar, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Wizard of Oz, Prometheus, Star Trek: Into Darkness. Minimum savings is 5%. Excludes clearance & More and Marketplkace items, special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Rainchecks on insert items only.

--EXCLUSIVE Despicable Me tin lunchboxes at Best Buy! A FREE Despicable Me 2 Minion tin lunchbox ($9.99 value) is available with the purchase of Despicable Me 2 (DVD $12.99/$14.99 Blu). Offer valid 4-13-14 thru 4-19-14.

Also, you can BUY a Despicable Me Minion tin lunchbox for $2.99 with the purchase of select titles: Hop ($9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu), Despicable Me ($9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu).

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

August: Osage County - $17.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $17.99 Blu

Gravity - $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu/$19.99 Blu 3-D

Anchorman 2 - $12.99 Blu

Man of Steel - $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu

Frozen - $19.99 Blu

Game of Thrones: Season 3 - $34.99 DVD/$39.99 Blu

--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray titles on sale this week:

$9.99: 42 (Jackie Robinson Story), Star Trek (2009), GI Joe: Rise of Cobra, Anchorman, Argo, Jack the Giant Slayer, Cloud Atlas, Gangster Squad.

$24.99: The Bible: Epic Miniseries, Life (Attenborough), The Walking Dead: S2, The White Queen: S1.

--BB has the following TV on DVD titles on sale this week:

$14.99: New Girl: S2, Orphan Black: S1, South Park: Season 16, The West Wing: S1, Human Planet, Breaking Bad: S4, Justified: S3.

$24.99: Downton Abbey: S4, Scandal: S2, Castle: S5, American Horror Story: Asylum, The Americans: Season 1.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A list of Disney DVDs for $16.99 apiece: Saving Mr. Banks, Jungle Book, Monsters University, Planes, Mary Poppins, The Pirate Fairy.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. An EXCLUSIVE Digibook contains a 28-page collectible book of iconic Life Magazine covers spanning more than ten decades.

--Target has the following Blu-rays on sale this week:

$10.00: Rise of the Guardians, more in-store.

$13.00: Ender's Game, Despicable Me 2, Turbo, Fast & Furious 6, Peter Pan, more in-store.

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$15.00: Breaking Bad (all seasons), Big Bang Theory (all seasons), Dexter (all seasons), The Simpsons: Season 16, Supernatural: Season 8, Vampire Diaries: S4, The Mentalist: S5, more in store.

$20.00: The Bible: Epic Miniseries, Downton Abbey: S4, NCIS: S10, Homeland: S2, Walking Dead: S3, Boardwalk Empire: S3, Game of Thrones: S1.

--Target has its annual big "Easter Basket sale" of DVD titles--at pricepoints of $4, $7, $10 and $13.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So many I want this week. Mitty from Foxconnect for cheap. Probably Gravity 3D and Anchorman 2 from BB.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Have yet to get the review copies for Walter Mitty, Black Nativity, or Great Expectations, but reviews will hopefully be forthcoming.

Definitely on board for Touch of Evil and Double Indemnity.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Men in War, Sleep My Love, Copperhead, and Touch of Evil for me.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Going for Touch of Evil from Amazon. Will pick up Double Indemnity sometime later.

Thanks for the prices and all the work putting this list together.

Doug

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Since I'd been putting off the purchase of Disney's PETER PAN (it wasn't a top priority but I knew I'd eventually get it) and I was going to Target anyway, I figured for $13 it was time for action. It was appropriately priced ("$13 - "save $17") on the shelf, but at the register it would only ring up at full price. The young thing at the register called another young thing over, and I had to explain twice about how it and several other items are on sale this week for $13 and that it's clearly marked on the shelf. She took the flyer out and finally found it in there, but in the meantime her helper was trying to reach the guy in the department to ask him to go check. He left her on hold for a while, then came back on and apologized , saying he had four customers, so hang on another moment... While waiting, the girls finally decided to override the price (since they'd at least found it in the flyer) and I paid my $13 -- but not after making it totally clear to them that this investigation (still ongoing, back in the department) had taken far too long and that we could have walked right back there immediately to verify. I stayed after paying, to hear the guy's response, which of course confirmed the $13. Buying that one item took ten minutes at the register, and I'd been waved over to be first in line.

I like Target, but when this kind of thing happens (and this isn't the first time I've been through it), it takes a while to get things straightened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks