What's new

A third Zulu edition? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I have the UK Blu Ray of Zulu and am pondering about getting the Twilight ....
But I've noticed a third entrant from the States on Ebay and am wondering whether it's legit, and if so, if anyone has done a comparative viewing with the UK and Twilight.
Details given are (their words, not mine):
Official US Release NOT an import
•Format: Widescreen, Blu-ray
•Region: All Regions
Audio Track Format : DTS-HD-Master
Inspired Studio - UPC/ISBN-007108370011
Remastered Editorial Reviews
This is the official US release on Blu-ray , NOT an import. This new release is an online exlcusive that will not be found in stores.
And here's a pic of their very uninspired cover. Is this the real thing or some sort of shonky cash-in on the appeal of the title?

Attachments

• Zulu.JPG
    Zulu.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 87

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Definitely looks shonky to me just from the image. It looks like a DVD cover that's been badly photoshopped onto a Blu-ray cover template. Why would a new Blu-ray have "widescreen edition" on it?

/EDIT: OK found it listed on ebay here for under $5. That doesn't say much for the quality.

We apparently have a thread on this release here, and it seems it's either an illegitimate knock-off of the UK version, or a public domain release.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Inspired Studio so far has not released anything of quality and there is a high probability that it'sa pirated copy to boot.At best it's a Public Domain release.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think that, eventually, there will be a definitive release of Zulu and, as I have a backlog already, I'm going to wait for it.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
On-line exclusive :D ???
Has Pirate written all over it.
I wouldn't touch it with a forty foot pole.

I just had a look at it on e-bay and nearly died laughing at the hilariously phoney review and the fact there is no menu or chapter stops on the disc.
Has the movie been run on US TV in HD recently? If so, there's your answer.

Doug.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
There is a new, genuine release of the film coming from Paramount this year in the UK. Unknown if it'll be a new transfer.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I doubt if Paramount would do a new transfer at this stage given that so many people are happy with the present one. I'll certainly watch with interest though .. and hope still to pick up the TT edition at some stage.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
EddieLarkin said:
There is a new, genuine release of the film coming from Paramount this year in the UK. Unknown if it'll be a new transfer.
If they just dial back the 'wash and wax', reduce the saturation, eliminate the vertical stretch, and find a better sound element, it could be a serious contender.

Oh wait, that would mean a new master... ;)

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
The language of that review doesn't make it sound as though it's anything other than the same transfer as found on the current UK disc.
Looking as fresh and shiny as the bright red uniforms of the British soldiers who are its protagonists, the 50th-anniversary digital restoration of the venerable "Zulu"...
"Fresh and shiny", "bright red uniforms", and "digital restoration" all seem to point to precisely what was done with the UK disc.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks