What's new

Titles on LD not on DVD/MOD List? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Anyone got a list of titles on LaserDisc that are not on DVD/MOD?

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Eddie Cantor Films

Palmy Days (1931)
The Kid From Spain (1932)
Roman Scandals (1933)
Strike Me Pink (1936)

Wheeler and Woolsey

Silly Billies (1936)

Tom and Jerry

Mouse Cleaning (1948)
Casanova Cat (1951)

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Loads of titles -- the 1992 documentary "Oscar's Greatest Moments", the 1980 Kevin Brownlow/David Gill miniseries "Hollywood", a couple of the American Film Institute Lifetime Achievement Award shows (I have the one for Henry Fonda on LD), from assorted boxsets -- two that come to mind are both "The Dawn of Sound" sets and the Al Jolson boxset, one or two titles in those MIA on dvd.

Many independent productions from small production companies that may well have gone out of business since the 80s and early 90s -- also some oddities, the colorized version of "King Kong" is one that comes to mind.

Many of the early dvds were taken from laserdisc transfers (letterboxed, but not anamorphic) and one or two have not been upgraded to this day -- Universal's "The Hindenburg" is probably one of the notable titles in this state currently.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Roman Scandals (1933), The Kid From Spain (1932), and Strike Me Pink (1936) are available on PAL DVD from Spain.

I'm kinda weary of Spanish DVD's since many of them are NTSC masters that have been field-converted to PAL and look awful. All of them are Goldwyn titles, so I'm waiting on Warner Archive to deliver them instead. They did a wonderful job bringing out Whoopee (1930) and Kid Millions (1932).

Jobla

Supporting Actor
THE GLASS MENAGERIE (1987, directed by Paul Newman)
THIEF OF BAGHDAD (1961, Steve Reeves)
MORGAN THE PIRATE (1961, Steve Reeves)
OBSESSION (1976)--I list this, because it was the only release of the film with Bernard Herrmann's great score isolated on an audio track
THE INCIDENT (1967)
THE MASK (1961)--rumored to be coming out late this year
these titles are off the top of my head-I'm sure there are others I'm not recalling at this time

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks