Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CBS Press Release: The Revengers

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,572 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 09:21 AM

3462.jpg

THE REVENGERS

Street Date5/20/14
DVD SRP: $19.99

Academy Award® winners William Holden (Stalag 17) and Ernest Borgnine (Marty) star in the action-packed western The Revengers. Decorated Civil War veteran and father of four, John Benedict (Holden), lives a quiet life on his ranch in Colorado. After a hunting trip, he returns to discover his family murdered. Enraged and consumed by vengeance, he recruits a team of convicts to find the men responsible, yet has no way of knowing if the lawless group will stay true to his plan. A classic not to be missed,The Revengers also stars Woody Strode (Spartacus) and Susan Hayward (I Want To Live).

DVD BASICS

• Street Date: May 20, 2014
  • Price: $19.99
  • Rating: PG
  • Runtime: 1 hour, 8 minutes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

• davidHartzog likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,197 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted April 11 2014 - 09:42 AM

Never heard of it but it looks good!

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,571 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 11 2014 - 01:20 PM

Why is this in the TV Forum? This was a theatrical feature film, not a TV movie.
  • Randy Korstick and Brian McP like this

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 06:39 PM

Got it in Blu Ray already, just the passed week.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 481 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted April 19 2014 - 07:04 PM

Been waiting quite a while for this one, definite purchase.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 10:01 PM

Ernest Borgnine often mentioned the fact that of all the movies he ever made, this was the one he had the most fun making.

It is also great seeing him back with Pike, er, William Holden under quite different circumstances -- not quite a 'Wild Bunch' scenario, more of a western 'Dirty Dozen', but I won't spoilt it for those who haven't seen the movie yet.

Interesting to note that both Ernest Borgnine and screenwriter Wendell Mayes would be working together again only a couple of months later on "The Poseidon Adventure" (co-wriiten with Sterling Silliphant)

"The Revengers" has been on dvd here in Australia for many years, yet was never released in the US, another one of the CBS Paramount titles (I think, and the running time is certainly not 68 minutes!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users