• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,207 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 10 2014 - 02:12 PM

I don't personally own it, but a couple Amazon user reviews and other quick googling suggests that it's 2D only for the no-talking version... bummer.

edit: and then different internet reviews say different things.  wonder if anyone here actually owns this and could say (or in the absence of that, maybe a back cover scan)?

That would suck. If true, I have no interest in this title.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#22 of 33 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,657 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 02:21 PM

I don't personally own it, but a couple Amazon user reviews and other quick googling suggests that it's 2D only for the no-talking version... bummer.

edit: and then different internet reviews say different things.  wonder if anyone here actually owns this and could say (or in the absence of that, maybe a back cover scan)?

I picked it up on the last flash sale. I'll take a look this evening and let you know. The back cover isn't clear on the matter.

• Josh Steinberg and Radioman970 like this
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#23 of 33 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,498 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 02:39 PM

I picked it up on the last flash sale. I'll take a look this evening and let you know. The back cover isn't clear on the matter.

Thanks Neil!

#24 of 33 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,013 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 02:50 PM

Ordered all the ones I don't have: Wolverine, Dinosaurs and Ice Age Christmas. Don't have any of the converted ones which I usually don't bother with (I got "Jumper" a while ago to review for another site) and didn't get Narnia since it's in the wrong ratio.

The Glee concert movie is good, but is much too short and in between songs are several 2D inserts of fans talking about how much they love watching the bug and commercial-infested TV show. Best to just skip over those parts.

Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#25 of 33 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,657 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 05:07 PM

POPULAR

Good news! I just watched the first 10 minutes and you can indeed watch the Cretaceous Cut (no voice-over version) in 3D. I was taken by the quality of the 3D in the opening moments - very, very good depth and a few things being thrown at the screen. I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching it in full this weekend!

• Josh Steinberg, Radioman970 and FoxyMulder like this
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#26 of 33 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,207 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 05:09 PM

Good news. Thanks.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#27 of 33 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,498 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 05:12 PM

Good news! I just watched the first 10 minutes and you can indeed watch the Cretaceous Cut (no voice-over version) in 3D. I was taken by the quality of the 3D in the opening moments - very, very good depth and a few things being thrown at the screen. I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching it in full this weekend!

Nice!  Might give this a blind buy for that price!

#28 of 33 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,207 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 05:25 PM

I think I'll wait for the next sale when I can find something else I want to get the free shipping.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#29 of 33 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,657 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 07:19 PM

I watched Walking with Dinosaurs 3D tonight. The 3D is pretty darn good and the animation of the dinosaurs superb. The rest of the film has me scratching my head. The barest of plot ideas, odd pauses to give a few facts about different dinosaurs, and a few other moments that took me out of it.

Now, having said that, it was gorgeous to look at and although my son isn't even 2 yet, i am sure he and I will watch this together in a few years and enjoy it on some level. The original series on the BBC remains the true gem of this concept however.
My DVD Collection

#30 of 33 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,899 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:39 AM

Do you get a full music score with sound effects in this cut of the film. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#31 of 33 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,657 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 09:22 AM

Do you get a full music score with sound effects in this cut of the film. ?

Oh yes, such that it was.
  • FoxyMulder likes this
My DVD Collection

#32 of 33 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,498 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 11:45 AM

Put in a blind buy for this yesterday - looking forward to it after Neil's comments, though will be sure not to get my hopes too high.

#33 of 33 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,657 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 02:37 PM

I ordered three titles on this most recent sale, Rio, Ice Age: Continental Drift, and Life of Pi, hoping the 3D is good on all of them.
My DVD Collection

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users