What's new

Veep - Season 3 (HBO) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Figured I'd start a new thread for one of the best comedies on television. Pretty good opener, moving everyone into place for the campaign. I need to watch it again, though, as I'm always a little woogly coming off of GoT.

Selina's new temp-bagman was killing me. "Do you have a water preference? I prefer Fiji--" (door shuts)

I loved his complete inability to tell a lie to the people at the book-signing. Also: the suggestion that he should throw himself out of the car, crawl underneath it like Indiana Jones, and stick a note on the windscreen in order to get a message to the driver.

"Blind people are people, too."

"Excuse me -- I am at a wedding, and women at a wedding are like ripe fruit ready to drop, and I am a sex-wasp."

Jonah getting fired was a thing of beauty.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Hey, Hepatitis-J, how's that pic you posted on your blog going, huh?"
"It's a hashtag-hurricane, bitchtits."
"You don't think maybe you should take that down?"
"You don't think you should go fist a chimp?"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I don't envy having to source gazpacho in a city that thinks soup is for fags."

I enjoy a few sitcoms, but having this back just reminded me how thrilling comedy can be. While the laughs in other shows are cute and comfy, the laughs in this show are sharp and shit-kicking.

In a way, it makes me really miss 30 Rock, and sad that Community's season is about to end, but in another way, man I'm glad Veep is back.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also:

My guess is that Jonah will fully embrace his status as the D.C. Perez Hilton, and will quickly become another perpetual P.R. pain in Mike's ass, similar to (but probably worse than) the Beltway Butcher.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
“I love abortion. I am an abortion-ado. But I would go pro-life in a fucking fetal-heartbeat if it meant winning!”

This is the Veep I love. Just a semi-bottle episode, where all the main characters soullessly freak out over something. Selina not being able to come up with a position she could actually explain was a little frustrating, but that's the point -- incompetence mixed with a little brilliance, like her eulogy last week.

(Also, the guy being arrested wasn't just a smuggler. HE WAS A SMUGGLER WITH SWORDS. I was with Gary in his excitement about that.)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The best line in e1 was Jonah saying "Does POTUS know this?" :D

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Was thinking it was just a pretty good episode, and then holy shit, that finish. Every five seconds, a stunner.

"You killed a dog!?" "Yeah. Now you go."

"I'm a car-torcher; gimme the nuclear codes!"

"LET'S THROW CUM!! LET'S THROW CUM!!"

(...And then, of course he knocks on the door.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked Selina's wanting to tell the truth about all the people in Missouri being assholes or that she'd never be able to pass any legislation that would have an effect on a person.

Also, I believe that the gang was drinking in one of the same bars that McNulty and Bunk used to get hammered in on The Wire.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This show has more gold than Imelda Marcos's dildo-collection.

"Look at this pile of elbows..."

"Jonah with money? God Almighty, it's like if Hitler could fly."

"It's like a rain forest, isn't it?"
"Nature is very important to Clovis."

"Fuck you, Kent Davison! Fuck you, Mrs. Gravestock from the third grade! Fuck you, Stepdad One and Stepdad Three!"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I thought Meloni was probably showing up for a one-shot, but it looks like he's a regular member of the entourage (for now), which is just all kinds of fantastic.

"Jonah had a good idea. We never planned for that."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Little baby balls?"

Every member of this ensemble is like part of a flawless comedic Swiss watch.

"God, I love that voice. It makes me feel inadequate and horny at the same time." The weirded out look she gave at that was beautiful.

Jonah "reading" Dan's chart was gold. Jonah in the parking garage? Gold. Also loved the douchey Vice Prime Minister, though he certainly wasn't wrong about anything.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- Are you a little gassy?
- Like the Hindenburg
- I need you to drive me to the airport Diana speed.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Why Amy leaked that fat secret? It could work against them.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Season 3 ended. SPOILERS.

That was great. So she is finally the president. Wondering what happens with the shows name.
They shouldn't have shown 2 episodes in one night. Becoming the president was a great
shock and they should have kept the finale for the next week. Really baffles me why they did that.
If there was one perfect textbook example of keeping an episode for the next week, it was
this season's finale!

I'm wondering what will happen next. She has to win the election because if not, she is out of
the White House and that's the end of the series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
“I came in third, Amy. Even the Nazis came in second.”I sort of fell behind on this show and will have to catch up at a later date. But the bits I caught of last night's hour were laugh out loud funny.
SamT said:
I'm wondering what will happen next. She has to win the election because if not, she is out ofthe White House and that's the end of the series.
It's possible that she trails badly enough in the primaries that she ends up getting hitched to another candidate as V.P. That way the title still plays, and if anything the pathos will be even greater after having a taste of sitting in the big chair.Gerald Ford came very close to being Ronald Reagan's vice presidential nominee in 1980.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks