What's new

Pee-wee's Playhouse: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SHOUT! FACTORY TO BRING WORLD RENOWNED POP CULTURE TELEVISION SERIES PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE TO WORLDWIDE HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

For the first time ever, Pee-wee’s Playhouse has been re-mastered from the never-before-seen 35mm film!

Los Angeles, California – July 18, 2013 – Shout! Factory announced they are bringing Paul Reubens’ groundbreaking TV series PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE to the home entertainment marketplace and a variety of digital entertainment platforms. Shout! Factory recently secured extensive distribution rights to all 45 episodes of PEE-WEE'S PLAYHOUSE and PEE-WEE'S CHRISTMAS SPECIAL, including worldwide home entertainment, select digital rights and broadcast for cross-platform releases. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos.

“We could not be more excited to collaborate with Paul Reubens on this fantastic venture. PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE is a cultural touchstone for a generation, and its visually dynamic design and offbeat sense of humor were a genuine phenomenon,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders. “We are thrilled that this extensive restoration project is underway and look forward to presenting the series, for the first time in incredible high-definition and with behind-the-scenes bonus material. Fans will experience PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE as never before and share it with a new generation audience.”

Shout! Factory announces a full-range of bonus content is currently in development for PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE: THE COMPLETE SERIES multi-disc, Blu-ray box set. The company plans an aggressive rollout of this definitive complete series Blu-ray collection and individual seasons in 2014.

COMIC-CON ATTENDEES can get a glimpse of the restoration process at ‘The Digital Bits Presents Blu-ray Producers Panel 2013’ on Thursday, July 18 at 4 pm (Room 5AB, San Diego Convention Center).Paul Reubens, star and creator of the series, commenting on the collaboration, stated, “The restoration has made Pee-wee’s Playhouse look astonishing. This has been an enormous undertaking and I am truly excited to work with Shout! Factory.”

For over 25 years, the enormously popular Pee-wee Herman and innovative television series PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE, created by, and starring Paul Reubens, has captured a special place in the hearts of millions of viewers, young and old. Since its initial premiere on CBS in 1986, this multiple Emmy®-winning children’s program became Saturday morning appointment viewing for kids in the 80s and 90s and has been a staple in the pop culture zeitgeist ever since. TV Guide named PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE “one of the top ten cult television classics of all time. “

PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE is an educational, artistic and entertaining show that teaches kids strong ‘life lessons’. With it’s innovative production design and brimming with Reubens’ rich original characters and humor, PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE is a magical place that sparks creativity and imagination—and brings joy to children and adults alike. Parents and grown-ups have always enjoyed the show’s many double entendres. The series features beloved regulars Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne), Reba the Mail Lady (S. Epatha Merkerson), Miss Yvonne (Lynne Marie Stewart), Captain Carl (Phil Hartman), The King of Cartoons (William Marshall), Jambi the Genie (John Paragon), Ricardo (Vic Trevino) and Mrs. Rene (Suzanne Kent). And of course, Chairry, Pterri, Conky, Magic Screen, Clocky, Cool Cat, Dirty Dog, Chicky Baby, Penny, the Dinosaur family, and the rest of the gang!

Over the course of its original five-year run on television, PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE garnered 22 Emmys®, Parent’s Choice Award, TV Critics Award, and numerous other honors and accolades.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I would so love to have this but, wow. It's a little too rich for my blood right now. Amazing series, though. Nothing like it before or since.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
I hope this blu-ray will restore the "My Name Is" song from one of the two season 3 episodes. I hope Paul Reubens saved the negative for that scene.

I also hope it will have the season 2 opening in the season 4 episodes again.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
If you have it on SD, upscaled to 1080, why would you want it on BD??? Is this something that would warrant an upgrade...I think not!
That's just MHO!!!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Moe Dickstein said:
There are only 45 episodes of this over 5 years?

The 1988 Writers Strike famously cut down Season 3 to just two episodes and a christmas special.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Ronald Epstein said:
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.
Hey, Ron! Just curious. Did Amazon remove their listing? When I try to use it, it goes to a listing for a water bottle...a very EXPENSIVE water bottle! :laugh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gary,

Keep the preorder just for price lock. Something tells me that Amazon made some kind
of error.

You can cancel that order a few days before actual release if it actually gets changed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
pwe.jpeg

Listing is back on Amazon
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Pee-wee’s Playhouse: The Complete Series
Bring Home This Highly Anticipated 8-Disc Blu-ray™ Box Set
Featuring All 45 Wildly Entertaining Episodes and the Pee-wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special
All Remastered in Spectacular High-Definition!
AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE ON OCTOBER 21, 2014 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY
Experience Pee-wee’s Playhouse like never before! All 45 wacky episodes, plus the Pee-wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special, have been meticulously remastered from the original film elements — and now you can see this ground-breaking series for the first time in beautiful high-definition!

Scream along to the secret word with Pee-wee Herman and his pals: Jambi the Genie, Miss Yvonne, Cowboy Curtis, Reba the mail lady, Captain Carl, Magic Screen, Conky, Globey, Chairry, Pterri, Randy and all the rest. Pee-wee’s Playhouse: The Complete Series Blu-ray box set, with special bonus content, debuts on home entertainment shelves October 21, 2014 from Shout! Factory. Also available to own on the same day is Pee-wee’s Playhouse: Seasons One andTwo in a high-definition 4-DVD set. Mecka-lecka hi, Mecka-hiney ho!

Winner of an amazing 22 Emmy® Awards, Pee-wee’s Playhouse is a cultural touchstone for a generation, and its visually dynamic design and offbeat sense of humor were a genuine phenomenon. Whether reliving childhood memories or introducing this beloved series to a new generation, the newly re-mastered Pee-wee’s Playhouse will take you back to being a kid. This is an essential Blu-ray collection for loyal fans and collectors.

TV Guide named Pee-wee’s Playhouse #10 on their list of THE TOP 25 CULT TELEVISION SHOWS EVER! For over 25 years, the enormously popular Pee-wee Herman and innovative television series Pee-wee’s Playhouse, created by, and starring Paul Reubens, has captured a special place in the hearts of millions of viewers, young and old. Since its initial premiere on CBS in 1986, this highly acclaimed children’s program became Saturday morning appointment viewing for kids in the ‘80s and ‘90s and has been a staple in the pop culture zeitgeist ever since.

Pee-wee’s Playhouse is an educational, artistic and entertaining show that teaches kids strong ‘life lessons.’ With its innovative production design and Reubens’ rich original characters and humor, Pee-wee’s Playhouse is a magical place that sparks creativity and imagination—and brings joy to children and adults alike. Parents and grown-ups have always enjoyed the show’s many double entendres. The series features beloved regulars Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne), Reba the Mail Lady (S. Epatha Merkerson), Miss Yvonne (Lynne Marie Stewart), Captain Carl (Phil Hartman), The King of Cartoons (William Marshall), Jambi the Genie (John Paragon), Ricardo (Vic Trevino) and Mrs. Rene (Suzanne Kent). And of course, Chairry, Pterri, Conky, Magic Screen, Clocky, Cool Cat, Dirty Dog, Chicky Baby, Penny, the Dinosaur family, and the rest of the gang!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I want it, but I might hold off and see if it hits a lightning deal over the holiday. I've waited this long to purchase, I can wait a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks