Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

David Letterman retiring next year

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 of 102 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,450 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 28 2014 - 08:25 PM

That IS a shame.

But not altogether surprising.  Hopefully, he'll end up doing something even better. 

I like this from the NYT piece:

He won considerable critical praise during his CBS tenure for his quick wit and intelligence, and his often perceptive interviews.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#102 of 102 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,096 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted April 29 2014 - 02:22 AM

This is sad news for me. He was my favorite late night talk show douche. (his words, not mine)

I had a feeling that this was mutual. I would like to see him on a cable channel that has a little more freedom form censorship. I know he got pleasure form tormenting the "CBS Censors" but I am sure he was constantly getting "notes" about it.

Chelsea Handler could do the job, but she would have even a harder time controlling language on CBS. I would be shocked if CBS went that direction unless they really want to change their image.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users