-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CBS Press Release: I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show & The Honeymooners (Blu-ray)

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 of 30 Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:44 PM

POPULAR

Mark, you should consider donating your old VHS tapes to charity thrift shops or a library bookstore. Someone may want them and that way they are doing a lot more good than just collecting dust. I've donated lots of old media I know I will never use again. It benefits people and places that are in need and it benefits me in freeing up storage space. Plus it makes me feel great!
  • Everett Stallings, Brian McP, Mark Collins and 1 other like this

#22 of 30 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,542 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:53 PM

Mark, you should consider donating your old VHS tapes to charity thrift shops or a library bookstore. Someone may want them and that way they are doing a lot more good than just collecting dust. I've donated lots of old media I know I will never use again. It benefits people and places that are in need and it benefits me in freeing up storage space. Plus it makes me feel great!

Or perhaps donate them to a nursing/retirement home.  I only have a very small collection of VHS remaining.

• Mark Collins and Professor Echo like this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#23 of 30 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,387 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm in for Honeymooners, probably at full price (or Amazon's street date price, which I'll guess if it's anything like TNG, will be around $60-70) -- might pick up Lucy when the price drops.

#24 of 30 moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Second Unit

• 462 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted April 03 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm picking up The Honeymooners because it is only one season. I'm going to wait for Lucy until a boxed set (hopefully.) I can wait on TAGS, because I just got the complete series set on dvd a couple of Christmases ago.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#25 of 30 Walsh61

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted April 04 2014 - 04:39 AM

I already have The Honeymooners but I'm going ahead and upgrading to blu. 

The Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy I passed on the first time around so I'm definitely purchasing these now that they're coming to blu-ray.

Really looking forward to getting all three of these sets! 

#26 of 30 oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 359 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 08:52 AM

Or perhaps donate them to a nursing/retirement home.  I only have a very small collection of VHS remaining.

I plan on getting rid of my old Maverick VHS tapes, now that I have the seasons 1-2 DVD sets and I'll be eventually purchasing season 3.

#27 of 30 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,078 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted April 07 2014 - 09:42 PM

I plan on getting rid of my old Maverick VHS tapes, now that I have the seasons 1-2 DVD sets and I'll be eventually purchasing season 3.

I have Columbia House VHS tapes of The Beverly Hillbillies that have only S1-4 episodes on them boxed up ready to mail to a friend.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#28 of 30 Mike2001

Mike2001

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 06:47 AM

If you are interested in all three of these sets, they are available as part of Barnes and Nobles buy 2 get one free sale. With the member's 20% off coupon for Memorial Day weekend, they come out to $47 each.
  • Rob W likes this

#29 of 30 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 861 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted May 24 2014 - 01:35 PM

These post reminded me that if I had the room, I'd love to get the Dick Van Dyke Show VHS sets to sit on the shelf next to the complete DVD and Blu-Ray sets. I think it's rather neat that this one is complete on all three major home video formats.

I still have a Petticoat Junction VHS tape. Might even have a color episode or two that isn't out on DVD, but it was mostly a selection of the black & white episodes.

Until MPI did their set several years ago of the public domain episodes, that was my only taste of season 1 & 2. 

#30 of 30 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,078 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted May 24 2014 - 06:29 PM

These post reminded me that if I had the room, I'd love to get the Dick Van Dyke Show VHS sets to sit on the shelf next to the complete DVD and Blu-Ray sets. I think it's rather neat that this one is complete on all three major home video formats.

I still have a Petticoat Junction VHS tape. Might even have a color episode or two that isn't out on DVD, but it was mostly a selection of the black & white episodes.

Until MPI did their set several years ago of the public domain episodes, that was my only taste of season 1 & 2. 

I have the complete set of The Beverly Hillbillies on the Columbia House VHS tapes. I recently went through and took out all of the b&w episode tapes since those are represented on DVD in their entirety and also weeded out any tapes that are exclusively S4 or S4 with b&w seasons. I have a friend who still does VHS tapes and I'm going to send them to her.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users