What's new

What to look for in a sub woofer cable (1 Viewer)

joserobl

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose
In connecting a subwoofer what is it I need to look for in a cable should it be rg6, rg59 does it make a difference? any particular brand? If the sub has two RCA connections do I need to get a Y adapter to connect to AV? or connecting just one RCA fine? What is the best way to hook it up. responses would be greatly appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You don't need to spend a lot on cables. Most of the money spent goes to profit. We get most of ours from Monoprice.com Partsexpress.com and Bluejeancables.com. Subwoofer, composite, component and digital coaxial cables are exactly the same specification so they will all work. Quality ends and decent shielding are what I look for. I bought a couple of AR subwoofer cables off ebay dirt cheap years ago. I usually use component video cables for my analog audio connections. Component cables are very cheap now since everyone is going HDMI for their video connections.

If you only need a 12 foot cable this one is hilarious! Thick as your finger. http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ms272/acoustic-research-ms272-silver-plated-digital-coaxial-cable-12-ft/1.html

One cable from the receiver to the subwoofer is all that's needed. You don't need a Y-splitter.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I swear by bluejeans cables becasue of their build qualty. The RCAP connectors they use are the best ones I've used so far, but they aren't the least expensive cables that will work.
newsub.jpg

I've also used plenty of the linked AR cables in other systems and they work fine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks