• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 of 69 OFFLINE   phillyrobt

phillyrobt

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 01:54 AM

I wonder if WB looks at their conversion of another musical, Wizard Of Oz, as well in regards to Kiss Me Kate. Hopefully that turned a profit with the cinema showings plus it was showcased in Walmart Best Buy and Target. A lot was spent to restore HOW because of lab damage. It was a solid investment in film history that should pay off in the long run if not already with worldwide sales.

#62 of 69 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,170 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:54 PM

I wonder if WB is considering releasing the 3-D KISS ME KATE through the Archive? Seems as though that would be a good compromise.

• phillyrobt likes this

#63 of 69 OFFLINE   phillyrobt

phillyrobt

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 06:39 PM

While following sales of the Blob, I found posts mentioning going to TCM instead of Screen Archives. Decided to check their 3d titles..Man In The Dark is nowhere to be found..but still for sale at Screen Archive. Using the now defunct cart game, it was estimated to be around 1192 copies on January 22. Hopefully this means it's close to selling out so if you've been on the fence now seems to be the time!

#64 of 69 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,847 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted September 28 2014 - 10:21 AM

Using the now defunct cart game, it was estimated to be around 1192 copies on January 22. Hopefully this means it's close to selling out so if you've been on the fence now seems to be the time!

I must admit I've been on the fence with this one. I've got all the other 1950s 3D Blu-rays (with DRAGONFLY SQUADRON on order) but MAN IN THE DARK just doesn't seem to be a very good film. Added to which is the high cost factor for those of us in the UK. I might bite the bullet when I know copies are close to zero :)    

• phillyrobt likes this

#65 of 69 OFFLINE   StephenDH

StephenDH

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 29 2014 - 12:59 AM

I must admit I've been on the fence with this one. I've got all the other 1950s 3D Blu-rays (with DRAGONFLY SQUADRON on order) but MAN IN THE DARK just doesn't seem to be a very good film. Added to which is the high cost factor for those of us in the UK. I might bite the bullet when I know copies are close to zero :)    

It's not The Big Sleep but it's an enjoyable movie and the 3D is very good.

#66 of 69 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,266 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:23 PM

It's not The Big Sleep but it's an enjoyable movie and the 3D is very good.

To put you more on the fence I found MITD to be a sub par film noire and the 3D less than impressive. The bit with the surgical instruments sucked and at no time was the 3D enough to make up for viewing a poor film.

Definitely not worth the TT price. I've already sold mine.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#67 of 69 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,170 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 12:07 PM

To put you more on the fence I found MITD to be a sub par film noire and the 3D less than impressive. The bit with the surgical instruments sucked and at no time was the 3D enough to make up for viewing a poor film.

Definitely not worth the TT price. I've already sold mine.

In your humble opinion.

• phillyrobt likes this

#68 of 69 OFFLINE   phillyrobt

phillyrobt

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 01:06 PM

I'd just like to say that when I saw this in 3d at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC in August, the almost capacity audience thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though it's in B&W and just over an hour, I value it as much as Dial M for Murder in that a good deal of it is shot outdoors and documents long gone places. It has comedic elements, a cute romantic element, gangsters and even a little sci-fi. I hope Twilight Time was rewarded for putting out this title!

• Bob Furmanek and revgen like this

#69 of 69 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,266 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 13 2014 - 05:41 PM

In your humble opinion.

Of course, IMHO.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users