What's new

International Black Narcissus - a new edition being released in UK (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Released on June 16th in the UK. Have no idea if this will be a revised edition of the earlier, now OOP Blu released by ITV (which I already have). This appears to have more extras, according to the Amazon product page. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8LOGZI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3VRHTNHPN5DA0&coliid=I1TWAH6YMH1C99

71z0hsZJdNL._SL1277_.jpg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'd be very surprised if it was a new transfer, given that the old one was so good, although the Criterion I now have does seem slightly better and has the most important extra, the feature on cinematographer Jack Cardiff, 'Painting with Light', as well as this new Network title.
But instead of relisting Black Narcissus, I just wish Network or Criterion would bring out some new Archers titles such as Tales of Hoffman!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'd love to see "Tales of Hoffman" on Blu. Network is really ramping up it's range of classic British titles (mostly on DVD but quite a few trickling through on Blu as well). I've set up a thread on Network's release schedule.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Let us hope they give us the complete Tales of Hoffmann at 138 minutes, never before released on video!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Fantastic news about the work being done on my favourite of all Pressburger/Powells. I want that Dragonfly dance in HD! And Bobby Helpmann at his most baritonally macho!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks