What's new

International A QUESTION ABOUT ORDERING BLU-RAY FROM EUROPE (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have rarely had any difficulty ordering through Amazon France/Germany. However, when trying to order THE BOUNTY from France (and this applies to multiple sellers), I get prompts telling me they cannot ship to my address. I have provided both street and p.o. box addresses, but no luck. I do not speak or read French, and use Google translation to help me with such orders, but I'm stumped with this one. Has anyone a suggestion?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Are you getting the responses from just third party Marketplace sellers or Amazon itself? Many marketplace sellers won't ship internationally.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
I have rarely had any difficulty ordering through Amazon France/Germany. However, when trying to order THE BOUNTY from France (and this applies to multiple sellers), I get prompts telling me they cannot ship to my address. I have provided both street and p.o. box addresses, but no luck. I do not speak or read French, and use Google translation to help me with such orders, but I'm stumped with this one. Has anyone a suggestion?
.Peter's likely correct and many 3rd Party will not ship international. I've run into thatissue on the UK site on occasion. Shipped direct from an Amazon affiliate shouldn't be an issue, but most3rd parties set their account to only ship domestically or only to to specific locations

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
That is indeed the issue. Most marketplace sellers won't ship overseas. You might want to look for it on Daaveedee.com.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Dick said:
I have had the same problem with AMAZON USA but never from Amazon UK.It rarely happens but when it does I just use Amazon Uk rather than USA .I shop on line from around the world and rarely have trouble having dvds./blurays sent to my home address..I recently had trouble buying a dvd of Its A Mad Mad mad World from Amazon USA.They would not post to my home address overseas. When I went to get buy Bluray of the same film I had no trouble. Just complain to Amazon and maybe there is a problem and they maybe able to fix the problem. I did with Mad World. Internet business is huge business world wide and any distributor that will not post overseas will lose money. In Australia we have no taxes or import duty unless the items are over $10,000 in value. Warners dvd on -line shop will not post overseas. from the USA. Many USA residents selling on Ebay, are the worst.They are just too lazy to sell to an overseas buyer.Don't they realise that they can get a higher price.? Many Ebay sellers will post overseas if you ask them.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
It also happened to me occasionally when ordering from Amazon/US.
Also, inside Europe: sometimes the shipping is qualified as "international" and then it appears it is, say, a German seller who will only send to Germany and Austria. Something like this even happened to me in a few cases where the seller was a third party, but the offer showed 'shipping through Amazon".

Was this the film you tried to order?
(If it is, there must be another reason they didn't want to ship to you, because it doesn't look like a 3rd party sale. PO boxes may be off-limit - I'm not sure about that - but a normal US address should be fine. It would even get less expensive, because the VAT is taken off once the site recognizes a US address!)

Cees

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Dick said:
You do not have to speak or understand French and German.Just go to the English language site for AMAZON in Germany and France. Its that simple..Most Europeans speak English so it should be able to get a reply in English from Amazon in Europe. I order from China a lot and always get a reply in English.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've made the comment before, especially since I tend to buy used, is load the cart with several. Of course pick the lowest cost that will ship international.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Cees Alons said:
It also happened to me occasionally when ordering from Amazon/US.
Also, inside Europe: sometimes the shipping is qualified as "international" and then it appears it is, say, a German seller who will only send to Germany and Austria. Something like this even happened to me in a few cases where the seller was a third party, but the offer showed 'shipping through Amazon".

Was this the film you tried to order?
(If it is, there must be another reason they didn't want to ship to you, because it doesn't look like a 3rd party sale. PO boxes may be off-limit - I'm not sure about that - but a normal US address should be fine. It would even get less expensive, because the VAT is taken off once the site recognizes a US address!)

Cees
Yes, that's the one, and the Amazon UK fullfillment thing did not work for me. I'll get it neventually, or it will (I hope) be released here, along with other terrific action films such as UNDER FIRE.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If you're prepared to pay $18 more, you could try to click on "2 neufs" and order the other one (where it would say "2 new" on an English page).

It's 4 euros more expensive, and ships for €9 to the US, it says.
But perhaps it's even slightly cheaper than that, if they do subtract the VAT.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks