What's new

onkyo tx-nr708 (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You might want to include...Has this had to have the recall performed...?Or has it not had the problem?By the way, if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Just ask.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Onkyo just serviced it maybe a month ago. Onkyo told me they had a new revised hdmi processor board for it, if thats what your talking about. Receiver was completely check over, looks, work and sounds like brand new. It also comes with all original packaging and paper work that it came with when new. Oh and they also updated the receiver with the most recent firmware too.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That wasn't the one I was referring to, but that one is a bonus.The one i was referring to is the "non responsive". That happens when the flat wire connectors get wonky(flat wire between the face plate and board).That one is a recall, but Onkyo doesn't preemptively fix it. My 1008 was bought with the problem and I simply fixed it on my own dime($60 and a pizza to a friend that knows this stuff).

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
The parts list said they replaced I think it was 3 or 4 cables that went to the hdmi board and one to the display. So im thinking they took care of that recall to. I never had any non responsive issues. The problem that happen that got it sent in was I turned my theater on one day and I had no sound. I did a hard reset sound came back but I wasnt happy and had onkyo do a one time out of warranty repair. Probably didnt really need sent in but I payed really good money for it and bought it new so enough time on the phone with onkyo and they did a one time out of warranty repair for me. This unit no lie has only been physically touched with a hand maybe 5 or 6 times since I bought it new. It was installed in my back room with an ir repeater ran to it. This was done to keep my youg kids from touching it, didnt need them pushing buttons and messing up my settings! Lol

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Cool, sounds like they did the recall while in there...coolCarry on, no issues here(prospective buyers doing their homework would have asked this stuff...saves a step)

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Make offer wanting to clear out some of my equipment. I also have a 12" powered sub for sale to (infinity ps212) asking 200 shipping obo.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Last price reduction 250 shipped if it doesnt sell at that price i will just keep it for my shop I guess.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
!!((((((SOLD))))))!! Thanks Schan1269 hope you enjoy it as much as I did!Also, BIG THANKS to HTF for the use of there classifieds!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It will be replacing my Integra DTR 5.8.Which, might, end up here...(I've already located an Onkyo 6disc and an Onkyo SACD/ DVD- A over HDMI, as I'm anal like that...if I sell the 5.8, it is a package deal with an Integra 6disc and SACD/DVD- A player...)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Got it.Did basic setup...Oppo 970, Directv and CD player.Works good. The EQ settings(If yours) were...WHA...Currently using it with the Integra remote(Will set the remote up once I figure out what I'm hooking up with it).The 5.8, shockingly, weighs more. Never checked the 5.8 against the 707.Might even move this to the living room...boot the 807 to the bedroom(807 doesn't have a front HDMI...just bought an XBox 360).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks