Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - coming to DVD in Australia

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 11:15 AM

POPULAR

Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2

released by Madman. I ordered it from EzyDVD.

I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture

and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!

And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music

by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.

Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

• Ron Lee Green, cwilli and LeoA like this

#22 of 27 phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 11:55 AM

Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2

I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture

and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!

And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music

by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.

Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

Are these releases Region 0 or Region 4?

Thanks.

#23 of 27 westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hopefully that means the set I ordered directly from Madman should arrive in Arizona any day now...

#24 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:59 AM

@phenri:

Hello, I checked the DVDs.

They are locked Region 4  - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman

for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.

#25 of 27 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,736 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:35 AM

Do these Australian releases come in a PAL format?

#26 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:06 PM

@JoeDoakes:

The Australian DVD Sets are PAL transfers.

#27 of 27 phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 09:48 AM

@phenri:

Hello, I checked the DVDs.

They are locked Region 4  - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman

for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.

Thanks for the response. I guess I won't be getting these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users