-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - coming to DVD in Australia

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 11:15 AM

POPULAR

Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2

released by Madman. I ordered it from EzyDVD.

I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture

and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!

And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music

by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.

Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

• Ron Lee Green, cwilli and LeoA like this

#22 of 27 phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 11:55 AM

Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2

I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture

and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!

And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music

by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.

Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

Are these releases Region 0 or Region 4?

Thanks.

#23 of 27 westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hopefully that means the set I ordered directly from Madman should arrive in Arizona any day now...

#24 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:59 AM

@phenri:

Hello, I checked the DVDs.

They are locked Region 4  - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman

for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.

#25 of 27 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 08:35 AM

Do these Australian releases come in a PAL format?

#26 of 27 galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:06 PM

@JoeDoakes:

The Australian DVD Sets are PAL transfers.

#27 of 27 phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 09:48 AM

@phenri:

Hello, I checked the DVDs.

They are locked Region 4  - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman

for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.

Thanks for the response. I guess I won't be getting these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users