What's new

WARNER: Ball of Fire, Dead End, Little Foxes (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Those won't be blu-ray, only reissued as DVDs. Classicflix only has DVDs up for preorder. You may have been confused since the same announcement mentioned the blu-ray of The Time Machine.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
WB continues to live in the last century while pretending that blu-ray doesn't exist. Wish they'd loan out their library to someone who cares.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
One Hawks comedy (arguably one of his best); two Wyler classics (3 including Wuthering Heights). Why acquire the Goldwyn titles to treat them with such off-handed disrespect. Except for The Best Years of Our Lives, all other titles have gone the way of DVD or MOD releases.
Toland's B&W cinematography in BD makes one's mouth water, and all we get is low resolution DVD.
For shame, WB! For shame!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The Goldwyn company controls the prints and transfers. Don't blame WB if the Goldwyn company hasn't bothered updating its transfers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have these in HD and these are pretty major Goldwyn titles, but I'm not sure if there are even any better transfers available for them to use. Chances are these will be the same transfers MGM used for their DVD.
bujaki said:
all other titles have gone the way of DVD or MOD releases.
None of them are MOD so far. All of the Goldwyn titles available through the Warner Archive are pressed.

Forgot about those Eddie Cantors last year. Would've preferred those pressed, but not a huge deal.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
bujaki said:
Why acquire the Goldwyn titles to treat them with such off-handed disrespect. Except for The Best Years of Our Lives, all other titles have gone the way of DVD or MOD releases.
Not true. Guys and Dolls (1955), Has Christian Andersen (1952) and The Bishop's Wife (1947) also got Blu-ray releases.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Oops, my mistake! And I even own Hans Christian Andersen and Guys and Dolls! Still they are not in the same league as the ones coming up. I do agree about Pride of the Yankees. It always chokes me up.
And sorry: by MOD I meant Archive, whether pressed or burned DVD, instead of the Archive BDs they've been releasing.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'd love to see "Enchantment" make it to Blu-ray one day, but won't hold my breath...

tsjU0R88kin37kPaMWlRMj9cEBF.jpg

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
There's a fair amount of gems that never even made it to DVD still part of the Goldwyn library. At the very least I hope they eventually end up in the Warner Archive. We got a couple Danny Kayes that were DVD debuts so there's some hope.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am glad that people have the ability to get these, but I was really hoping for a Blu-Ray remaster of Ball of Fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks